Cheese With A Coffee Twist

Monday, August 13, 2012

Speaking of my birthday, I've been celebrating with cheese! Recently while watching one of Jamie's shows I spotted this wrong yet so right combo of Manchego, honey and ground coffee. If you, like me, are on a cheese high and ready to try it all, you should totally give this a go. Simply get yourself one of the three variations of Manchego cheese. (I love the Curado one which is about 3 to 6 months into its aging process). Slice it, drizzle it with honey and sprinkle with a pinch of coffee. Oh boy, the coffee brings out the best of this sheep milk Spanish cheese with a beautifully nutty flavour. I treated myself to it twice this month already! Psst: pair it up with a glass of good wine, you’d be in heaven, promise!

Loves, do you like cheese? How about those on the stinkier end? What’s your favourite type? xo

P.S: Also, all things coffee including this nifty little trick!
P.P.S: More cheese goodness.

(Photos by exPress-o. Layout by Ana Degenaar - Blog Milk for exPress-o. Thank you Ana for your help with this series).

16 comments:

Cara said...

interesting!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

this sounds good!

Mal said...

ooh, I am very intrigued by this!

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Ryan Adair said...

At our supermarket there is an espresso cheese, it's one of my favorites!

Just Another Shopaholic said...

This is interesting. I'll have to look at the supermarket for something like this.

Diana Mieczan said...

How cool- an espresso cheese! Thanks for that, Ryan Adair. I can't wait to try it:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Michelle, I think you would like it. It has such an amazing flavour to it:)

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Cheese and honey (burrata and acacia - divine!) is a winning combination. Coffee would be an awesome touch!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Blond Duck said...

I never thought about coffee in cheese!

Punctuation Mark said...

i love manchego... one of my favorite cheeses. Love having id with a young wine that adds to the tangy flavor of the cheese

laurenjeanallece said...

I have to try this! My best friend and I just took ourselves on a two-day mini-break and the only thing we packed besides the usual "we're gonna lay by the pool all day" goodies, was 7 different kinds of cheese and two bottles of wine!

My latest finds? Wasabi Gouda and Peaches & Cream White Stilton! Amazing!

Diana Mieczan said...

Chic 'n Cheap Living, :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Punctuation Mark:) You know your wine, don't you? I love that.

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Lauren. I love that you both packed cheese and wine for your mini-break...You girls are awesome. Btw: Wasabi Gouda and Peaches & Cream White Stilton sounds incredible - I am so trying it. Thanks! (Have fun!)

HiLLjO said...

Is this soft cheese?

:o\
Gonna wait on that til I know what's up with my insides this month... but baby > soft cheese. Can't complain.

Diana Mieczan said...

Well, the Curado one is not really soft anymore but if you would like to try the soft kind from Manchego, then you should try the Fresco type. That one is only about 2 weeks into its aging process, so its all soft.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk