Avocado Bowls

Thursday, August 9, 2012
Last night after another of those 110 degrees days, Balazs and I tried Phyllis' avocado salad with her superb homemade dressing, a bit of lemon zest, tons of mint and plain toasted bread with garlic. Even though it was one of the simplest dinners to prepare, it proved to be one of our favourites. The dressing made the whole dish irresistibly fresh and the creamy Dijon mustard twist totally blew my socks off. Psst, I also took Dash's advice and tried the slurping trick, as recommended by this 5-year-old boy - giggle.

Lovelies, do you make your own salad dressing as well? I will definitely start from now on. xo

P.S: Here is the full recipe, if you fancy trying it yourself.
P.P.S: Plus, a nifty avocado trick and my favourite pesto!

18 comments:

Natasha Fatah said...

This? This is sheer heaven this is. :)

~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Hannah Q. Parris said...

Oh divine! Avocados are my favorite. And I always make my own dressing...sometimes just a bit of oil and vinegar, sometimes a little more complicated, but you can't beat fresh!

Lena P Cox said...

You used three of my favorite words....
Superb
Avacado
Zest

I'm writing a story at the moment and those are the words I just used recently!
Good stuff
Bravo

Mal said...

Oh my, that looks so perfect right now.

Mal @ The Chic Geek

HiLLjO said...

I sometimes try our own salad dressing and it is always better than store-bought! These look great; I love the influx of avocado recipes lately!

BellaGetsREal said...

My father in law has an avocado ranch near San Diego and we just received a box full of them.....loving the recipe.

Melissa Blake said...

This looks delicious!! xoxo

Just Another Shopaholic said...

That looks so beyond delicious!!

Michelle's Style File said...

This looks delicious! Inspired.

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.com

Alexa said...

Yum! Looks like such a perfect summer treat!

Inés said...

Oh! my...my...Diana, I absolutely adore avocados, and I can'y wait to try that inspiring dressing...mint, lemon zest, Dijon mustard...Gosh, my mouth is watering now!!!
Big hugs, darling!

Inés
SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Frøken og Fru said...

looks fantastic! *must try!*

Love Helene

Dominika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dominika said...

Very nice! The greeness of avocado is so tempting & this small boy with big plate - i like the composition very much!

Diana Mieczan said...

Indeed Hannah. All things fresh are totally the best:)

Diana Mieczan said...

How cool, Lena and HiLLjO, I can't stop eating avocados lately...

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh boy, Bella! You lucky girl and how cool that your fahter in law has an avocado ranch!! It's like my dream to have a little avocado ranch one day:) Le sigh.

Diana Mieczan said...

Inés, you are such a sweetheart:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk