Ahoy!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012


Sailboats, knots, preppy stripes, anchors and all that jazz. Are you wearing nautical goodies this summer? As a kid I had this adorable classic striped tee with a fabric boat and I’ve been drawn to its breezy, summery vibe ever since. There is something utterly relaxing about those blues, whites and reds, isn’t there? My friend Sofia says that when she has a low day, she intentionally wears stripes or sailor tops to trick her mind into thinking that she is on vacation:) xo   

P.S: And a few more summer trends including the snazzy scalloped shorts!

(Photos by/via The Sartorialist, Garance DoréSarah, Life as it should be, Lightning Heart, Pretty Pink Tulips, Nothing Less Than Perfect, Kayla, Song of Style and Marion WD)

16 comments:

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

addicted! - i love all things nautical when it comes to fashion!

Elizabeth Benfield said...

LOVE!

Patricia Villamil said...

ahh what a great treat! love nautical inspired clothes

April Louise said...

Fashion or Interiors I love the whole nautical look and some of those outfits are adorable! Thanks for sharing :)

thingsIlove said...

Ahhh this is what I'm wearing today, white denim shorts and a striped blue and white jumper!

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

Oh I love me some preppy stripes! Great choice girl!

xo

Diana Mieczan said...

April, yup me too. I love both:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Fantastic, thingsIlove! Your outfit sounds great!

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Martie:)

KristiMcMurry said...

I really enjoy the nautical look. I don't have much in that style, but I do love it!

C'est La Vie said...

i remember about 5 years ago i was living with my aunt in california and she came home one day and said "soooo the old "sailor" look is coming back in. i just can't believe it" and i thought "ew, that's not attractive at all" and now here we are 5 years later, i'm in love with it! so funny

C'est La Vie said...

i remember about 5 years ago i was living with my aunt in california and she came home one day and said "soooo the old "sailor" look is coming back in. i just can't believe it" and i thought "ew, that's not attractive at all" and now here we are 5 years later, i'm in love with it! so funny

HiLLjO said...

I love blue + white stripes. Especially pairing it with yellow. I never cared for boat shoes but I recently saw some leopard ones and it made me realize I just hadn't found the "ones" yet. lol

dotblogg said...

Oh Diana!! The last pic just stole my heart! I love it!
hugs!
J

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO, blue and white stripes are my favourite as well and great idea to mix them with yellow. I need to try that.

Laura Bear said...

wow this is beautiful. Love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk