Whale Watching: Would you dare?

Monday, July 16, 2012

Since it was drizzling all weekend long, Balazs and I passed on going for a movie and rented a few films instead to cheer ourselves up! One of them was "Big Miracle" with John Krasinki (Jim, from The Office). Have you seen it? Based on a true story that captured millions across the world, the film tells a heartwarming rescue tale of a grey whale family trapped by ice in the Arctic Circle. The story stayed with me so much that last night I was reading up a storm about whale watching. I can’t help thinking that it would be such a great experience to visit Baja in Mexico, rent a boat and spend a day watching whales and maybe even get lucky enough to have one swim by for a quick hello. Wouldn't that be pretty darn special? Have you been on a whale watching trip before? Would you like to? xo

P.S: You might also like this awesome whale story.
P.P.S: Whale's eyes!

(Photos by John via Anil├║ and via Baja by bus)

16 comments:

BellaGetsREal said...

My son had a whale watching trip here in Puget sound with his class. I went along and was amazed at how many whales we encountered....not gray whales but small pilot whales. Still very breathtaking to see them in the wild.

Ann On and On... said...

I've gone 3 times. It is amazing!!! I haven't seen the movie. Thanks for the review.

Eliza Jane said...

I would love to go whale watching! But - even though I know they're friendly - it would scare me for sure! xx

Hannah said...

I'd love to go on a whale watching trip!!! I think it would be the adventure of a lifetime.

Melissa Blake said...

Oh, i'd definitely do this...looks so much fun! Happy Monday, friends!

Kristina said...

really cute movie! and i have been on a whale watching trip on Cape Cod and i loved it. seriuosly on of the best days of my life. looking forward to go again here in australia!!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i would LOVE to go whale watching!

Monica | Hola!design said...

Now I want to watch the movie! I'd love to go to Baja and see these guys!
XOXO Happy Monday!

laurenjeanallece said...

I'd do this in a heartbeat!!! I've always been so in love with whales and love their quiet, gentle, massiveness :)

Diana Mieczan said...

How cool, Bella!

Diana Mieczan said...

Eliza, I would be scared as well. They are so big, aren't they?

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, Hannah! And Lauren, I adore your comment - "I've always been so in love with whales and love their quiet, gentle, massiveness"

Amber said...

I wish I had the balls to do something like.I think whales are some of the most majestic creatures but if one got that close to me in that small of a boat, I might pee myself.

little t said...

These pics are insane! The boats look so small.

Diana Mieczan said...

Hahaha...Amber! I love your comments:)

Diana Mieczan said...

They really do, don't they, little t?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk