Vintage Smooches!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Let’s finish this busy Tuesday on a romantic note, shall we? How touching are those vintage photographs of soldiers and sailors going to any extent to smooch their loves goodbye? There is something utterly heartfelt about those couples and I can’t help wondering what their stories are...if they met again, if they got married? Ah, I read a while ago that war kissing photos romanticized war and looking at them, they surely are full of passion:) Now, go on and have a few smooches yourself! xo

P.S: Remember our talk on smooching in public?
P.P.S: Also, icons and their stripes, and those iconic shots.

(via My Modern Met. Top photo: Alfred Eisenstaedt's V-J Day in Times Square, via MOHAI and Victory Kisses)

12 comments:

HiLLjO said...

I love kissing photos. The ones of us kissing from our wedding are all my favorites.

Alexa said...

So pretty! Love the vintage shots!

Vintage Market Place said...

How romantic...sigh.
It reminds me of watching those good ol black and white movies from the 40's
The Minor and The Major...A GREAT MOVIE!!
Amy

Melissa Blake said...

Sigh...this is so sweet! xoxo

Carrie said...

oh my gosh, this is quite cute to be honest. it's a little crazy but really really sweet.

Look cute at the beach this summer! Enter to win a £50 gift card to Simply Beach.
Win a $50 giftcard to Shappy Apple! Come and join. :]

:)
Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

Punctuation Mark said...

All I can say in YUM!!!

Rachel Elizabeth said...

These are so fun. Sometimes PDA is a must! Crazy and cute.

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO, awww...I love that:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Alexa, right? There is something so special about vintage images:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, old b&w movies are the best and I am totally checking out The Minor and The Major right now. Thanks!

Diana Mieczan said...

Indeed, Rachel!

Little London Observationist said...

Aw, these are lovely! I adore the one with the three couples on the train. Awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk