Travel Fantasy: "Lost City"

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Have you ever been to Jordan? My mom is planning her 60th birthday trip and she sent me an article about Petra, which is a World Heritage Site as well as one of the “Seven Wonders of the World”. When I saw those photographs, I literally gasped. The name itself means “rock” and the whole city is famous for its rock cut architecture, amazing rock pathways, mysterious caves and breathtaking views. The thing that made me fall in love with this spot even more is the last line of the article: when you enter the city you suddenly feel surrounded by a mystical aura that will make the visit utterly unforgettable.

Fun fact: the movie Indiana Jones was filmed here.


(Photos by/via The Cool Hunter, National Geographic, Ninbra, Welwyn, Jennifer Chong)

20 comments:

Ann said...

Wow! Looks like a real exciting place to go to... Lots of history and culture.

Young at Heart said...

ooh haave always fancied visiting Petra.....still on the to do list!!

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Ann:)

روان said...

Hi diana :) I am so happy to see Petra on your blog!
I live in Jordan and I have gone to Petra several times..it is indeed a magical place ^_^
I wish your mother a happy stay in Jordan :)

jeanette from everton terrace said...

You can almost feel that mystical aura just by looking at the photos! I would love to go. Hope your mother gets to :)

mermaid gallery said...

it's on my bucket list!....great pics of a fascinating place....

Wendy said...

Omg, breathtaking! I've traveled all over but never to Jordan. Adding this to the wish-list!

Hannah Q. Parris said...

I first saw it in the Indiana Jones movie and have always thought it would be amazing to visit! Happy travels to your mother!

Cara said...

definately a place to visit!!

Diana Mieczan said...

روان ,how wonderful!! Thanks so much. I will make sure to tell her.

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Hannah:)

ElsaD said...

Amazing pics darling! My mum visited that area too a few years ago. Can't wait to go myself! xoxo

HiLLjO said...

Oh wow! How unreal looking!

Patricia Villamil said...

I'm doing to go, on my travel list before I die!

holtkamp said...

i would love to go there! looks breathtaking!

Antoinettes Adventures said...

Holy moly! This looks RIGHT OUT of a movie set.

Amber said...

wow, that doesnt even look real its so amazing.

youmakemeswoon said...

Wow you are killing me with your travel posts... this looks amazing

LyddieGal said...

wow, that is just breathtaking! i'm sure you mom will have an amazing trip!
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

youmakemeswoon:)))

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk