The First 70

Monday, July 23, 2012

Last May three totally inspiring young filmmakers set out on a 3,000 mile trip around California after the state announced plans to close 70 majestic state parks out of the total 279.

They packed up their converted airport shutter bus and decided to create a documentary that showcases their 120 day journey throughout those parks, shows the individuals who care and put their heart into maintaining those incredible resources. The trailer above is totally inspiring and incredibly heartbreaking. I can’t wait to see the whole documentary. (Here you can check the screening dates in your area). Will you watch it? Have you ever been to any of those parks before? xo

P.S: Also, this Austria's green park-o-lake.
P.P.S: Remember this tree?

(via Kinfolk)

13 comments:

Natasha Fatah said...

Beautiful! I'm going camping this weekend, and I'll think of this film while we're enjoying the outdoors.

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Vintage Market Place said...

So amazing!
My husband on the road this weekend just stated, "next year we will rent an RV and do a tour of national parks and back down thru northern cali."
This is very inspiring to do it.
I am not much for travel in an RV but I think I will do it :)
Amy

Melissa Blake said...

How inspiring! I've never been to any of the parks in California, but I hope their documentary makes a difference!

Kristina said...

Calfornia is such a beautiful piece of the world and I hope that all parks stay protected as they are. Great project, the trailer looks great!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I had tears rolling down my face. I know budgets are broken and schools are closing and there just isn't enough money in CA to keep the state going. It must be difficult to figure out what to cut and what to save, I SO hope it isn't our parks, they are vital to us for so many reasons.
Beautiful imagery - thanks for sharing.

SILVY71 said...

heartbreaking is the right and unique word!

Diana Mieczan said...

Have the best time camping, Natasha:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, you totally should. That would you such an adventure.

Diana Mieczan said...

Melissa, it already raised tons of money for those park. It's so brilliant, isn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..Jeanette, you are so right - "they are vital to us for so many reasons".

Lady Grey said...

I will definitely be watching it... my husband and I have visited several of California's state parks and those trips have been some of our all-time favourites.

Amber said...

things like this just break my heart. We only get one planet and we have to do everything we can to maintain its beauty.

Diana Mieczan said...

I totally agree with you, Amber!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk