Strawberry + Wildflower Cake

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

How do you like your wedding cake? I think, this is the prettiest one I’ve seen in a while! Chelsea came up with the idea for it after she got inspired by the sweet strawberry cakes that Swedes make during their Midsummer holiday each year. The thing with me and cakes is that I like them simple, fresh and with seasonal fruits - basically, nothing fancy! I can’t get enough of those scrumptious strawberries and beautiful wildflowers that are btw, totally edible. Two thumbs up for festive wedding simplicity! xo

P.S: Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to make and decorate this beauty.
P.P.S: Remember this 5 minute cake? Or the super refreshing lemonade cake?

(Photos by Chelsea Fuss)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have this cake for my wedding too. So pretty Diana. Jill.

Vintage Market Place said...

It totally looks like a Strawberry Shortcake, the doll, cake!
Very cool!
Amy

Hannah said...

What a gorgeous cake! And I love that you can eat the flowers. I can't help but wonder what they taste like!

Inés said...

Oh, Diana! how I'm missing summertime, and red, gorgeous, sweet strawberries!!!
Big hugs!
Inés

SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Jess said...

What a beautiful cake, and it matches perfectly with that polka dot dress!

Roselie said...

I LOVE this cake!Strawberries and wildflowers - perfect combination!

Punctuation Mark said...

I love this cake... It's so happy!!!

Hannah Q. Parris said...

So fresh and lovely! I want to make this now!

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

Oh my, this looks gorgeous and has this light airy feel to eat. No heavy cream based cake!
Thumbs up!

Dominika said...

Lovely. If not for a wedding, one can always have it for wedding anniversary.

Diana Mieczan said...

It totally does, Amy! (Spot on)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is a good point, Hannah but I have no clue:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohhh Inés, wish I could send you some summer over:) And Jess, so true. I LOVE that dress.

Diana Mieczan said...

Brilliant, Dominika!!!

HiLLjO said...

How beautiful!!! The texture it gives the cake! WOW!

dotblogg said...

this looks stunning!! I wish there was still strawberry season here..:) next year however! I will definitely remember!
hugs!
J

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I just saw this same cake on You Are My Fave. So pretty!

Diana Mieczan said...

J, the strawberry season is almost over here too...I will miss it so much!

Wendy said...

This is the most unique and beautiful cake I've ever seen. Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk