The SFPH: Lavender Lemonade

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Speaking of perfect ways to stay cool this summer, how about a glass of lavender lemonade? The best way to describe it is what my friend Sofia said about it the other day: "when I close my eyes and take a sip, I imagine being somewhere is Provence, sitting among the long wavy grass, barefoot, watching the mesmerizing views of the French countryside and feeling oh-so free. Le sigh, doesn’t that sound perfect?

The cool part about the lavender is that it gives an incredibly satisfying, almost calming yet totally refreshing twist on lemonade and let’s face it: it will make you feel like you’re in France. (Even Balazs thinks so, although he would never admit it – haha).

Tip: we usually make a huge jug of it at night, let it chill, mix well in the fridge overnight and drink it up the next day. It’s one of those simple pleasures that I love. Hope you try it:)

Lavender Lemonade
(Adapted from Sunday Suppers)

* 2 cups sugar
* 7 sprigs lavender (stems and buds), plus additional for garnish
* 2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 10 lemons)
* 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from about 4 limes)


In a large saucepan, bring one gallon (or 3.7 liters) of water and the sugar to a boil. Remove from heat and add 7 lavender sprigs + lemon juice + lime juice. Cool to room temperature, strain, and chill in the fridge. Serve on ice, with additional lavender for garnish. Ta-dah!

Lovelies, what's your favourite take on lemonade? Would you try this one? xo

P.S: Also, British lavender fields.
P.P.S: And a few more of my simple food pleasure hour recipes.

(Photos by exPress-o. Layout by Ana Degenaar - Blog Milk for exPress-o. Thank you Ana for your help with this series).

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds really delicious and it looks so pretty, like for a great summer party:) I am trying it for sure! Cheers, Grace

dotblogg said...

wow! it looks delicious! Last weekend I drank cucumber lemonade! It was surprisingly tasty!:))
have a nice day Diana!
J

Natasha Fatah said...

How pretty!

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Diana Mieczan said...

Grace, totally. It's a perfect drink for a summer garden party:)

Diana Mieczan said...

J, cucumbers are super refreshing:) YUM!

Roselie said...

Sounds like the perfect combination!I 'm tempted to give it a try...!

tutusandtea said...

this looks ever so refreshing... lovely simple food pleasure!

KristiMcMurry said...

I need to try this soon! I really want to make it for my wedding reception, but I have to make sure I like it. The only problem is I don't know where to get any fresh lavender :( Hopefully dried culinary lavender will work just as well!

HiLLjO said...

YUM! This looks delish.

Diana Mieczan said...

You totally should, Roselie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Kristi, it would be perfect for a wedding reception, indeed! You can probably get fresh lavender in a bigger flower shop or local flower markets (it's in season right now) but I bet that dried culinary lavender will work as well.

Anonymous said...

Such a fun twist of lemonade. Can not wait to try it. Thanks for sharing. Jill

Amber said...

Any drink that makes you hvae visions of being in Provence is definitely worth a try

Diana Mieczan said...

yay, Amber:)

keishua said...

that sounds yummY! and looks as pretty as ever.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I love lemonade, this sounds delicious and refreshing.

Patricia Villamil said...

I must have missed this post. I'm dying to try this. Looks so delicious! Your pics are fantastic

Diana Mieczan said...

Thank you, Patricia:) xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk