The SFPH: Ice(cube) Coffee

Monday, July 9, 2012

My dears, do you drink coffee? For me, coffee is one of life’s simple pleasures and there is nothing better than the smell of freshly roasted coffee beans in the morning, is there? Well, as much I love my hot cuppa with tons of freshly steamed almond milk, lately with the super hot weather, I've been indulging in a new way of coffee drinking - the ice(cube) cuppa. Since I spotted the recipe, we've been freezing our espresso shots in ice cube trays all the time. It’s such a comfort to just pop to the kitchen and in a matter of 2 minutes have a super delicious ice coffee that will keep the cool temperature all the way through while drinking. (Plus, it’s great for when your friend pops-by unexpectedly and it also works great with a bit of Baileys for those chillaxing evening on the balcony).

Here is a little tip: last summer our friend, Mark taught me to always put a glass/cup to the freezer for about 4 minutes before pouring the drink in. This way your drink and your glass will stay nice and cold for longer. Enjoy!

Ice(cube) Coffee
(Adapted from Pepper. Ph - makes 2 servings)

* 3 cups brewed coffee or 4 shots of espresso
* 2-4 tbsp corn syrup
* 1 1/2 cup  milk or almond/soy milk
* Ice cube trays


Pour your cold coffee in ice cube trays and freeze overnight. On the following day, divide ice cubes into two glasses, pour milk to your liking and mix in the corn syrup with a spoon for the sweetness. You can also serve it with a shot of Baileys on the side:)

Lovelies, what's your favourite coffee? How many cups do you drink each day? xo

P.S: And a few more of my favourite "simple pleasure" recipes that you might like.
P.P.S: Plus, here is a little coffee trick!

(Photos by exPress-o. Layout by Ana Degenaar - Blog Milk for exPress-o. Thank you Ana for your help with this series).

11 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

boy do i!!!
I am headed out the door to grab iced coffee right now.
I usually drink iced all year round.
My love all started with a glass of Vietnamese coffee years ago :)
Amy

Tinacious Me said...

mmm yum!
~ www.Tinacious.Me ~

iloveyouvalentine said...

this looks...amazing. i've seen lots of trays here that are "made for iced coffee" like this where the ice cubes are shaped like coffee beans!

Anonymous said...

What a great twist on coffee. I am making some today. Jill

CHEVRON and GEOMETRICS said...

Marvelous! I adore coffee in any form. These photos are also lovely. xxx

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yum, Amy! I love Vietnamese coffee as well.

Diana Mieczan said...

iloveyouvalentine, no way? How brilliant! I SO need to get one of those coffee-bean-shaped-trays:)

ElsaD said...

Amazing idea darling! Thanks so much for this! xoxo

Liesl said...

Sa what?!? I think I must try this!!! :)

HiLLjO said...

AHHH MEEHHHHH GEERRRRRD!
Since last month didn't work out for baybeh, coffee is on the "to consume" list with cold cuts and alcohol... this is going on the list as the specific kind of coffee.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww thank you, Ch and G

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk