Ruzzolone - Roll The Cheese!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Blimey, I would totally fancy taking part in rolling cheese day, wouldn't you? It’s an awesome Italian tradition that takes place in breathtaking villages around the country. Each year on Easter Monday all the residents gather around their tiny little streets ready to follow the cheese and the contestants. Supposedly the cheese often goes tumbling down the hillsides or becomes trapped under cars so it can get really funny and super tricky to determine the winner. After all the rolling fun is over, everyone enjoys an afternoon of good Italian food, wine and live music. Viva Italia!

Doesn’t that sound like fun? Does your city, town, village have a special little tradition as well? I’d love to hear about it! xo

P.S: The New York Times wrote a great piece on it!
P.P.S: Plus, cheese craving:)

(via Victoria - a subtle revelry. Top cheese photo by Jen Causey, buongusto, Stew's Italy,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

diana you always find he best things. I love cheese, so I am in too. Happy Friday, Jill

Ann said...

That looks so much fun...
but can I still the cheese after what they've done? Love cheese even if it gives me migraines.

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Sounds like a fun day - both the tradition and the meal!
I live in Phoenix, 6th largest city in the country so it's hard to find things like this here, at least on small scale :)

Diana Mieczan said...

aww thanks, Jill! So sweet of you to say:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ann, I am not sure if they eat the same cheese they rolled. Btw: I am so sorry that cheese gives you migraines. Is it a specific kind?

Cara said...

so cool!

Dancing Branflake said...

I've heard about this!!! I've always wanted to see it- such a great way to build a stronger community.

Amber said...

oh no why would they want to ruin good cheese?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk