Playing Games With Clouds

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

When I was probably 7 or 8 years old, our teacher asked the whole class to write a little story about something that we considered special. I wrote about clouds. For as long as I can remember I was mesmerized by them in that magical, daydream-y way. As a kid, I spent countless hours trying to imagine how would it feel to walk on them or skip about and how much they remind me of cotton candy. Some things will never change as today in the midst of an afternoon busyness I suddenly stopped and started to admire the pink sky above. And you know what, I still think that one of the best things in life is lying on the grass and playing guessing game with clouds.

Aren’t those beautiful? They have such a calming effect, don’t they? What were you fascinated with when you were 7 or 8 years old? Do tell:) xo

P.S: And a few more jaw dropping sky images!
P.P.S: Plus, the stunning Aurora Borealis.

(Photos by/via Nick, To the Mountain!, Like Cool, Imgfave, Habitual Bliss, Tip Her and Reba)

18 comments:

HiLLjO said...

I love clouds, too!!! I STARE at them like the stars, sleeping babies, and Shawn's eyes.

When I was 7 I was admittedly obsessed with dinosaurs... they're not the same as clouds since they're not around still but they mesmerized me all the same. I used to draw so many; I just recently realized I'm not over them :o)

Carina said...

Oh wow, I was staring at that second image for ages! I love when the clouds turn a tinge of pink! Great post :)

M. said...

these are gorgeous, some are sweet and beautiful, and some are terrifying.

Pier 39 Prep said...

This is AMAZING! I've always loved anything to do with space. Stars, planets, galaxies, you name it!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Okay, those cloud photos are amazing. Amazing. The 1st, 2nd and last one want to be framed and hang in my house - they told me :)
I always see dogs in the clouds, sometimes faces but mostly just dogs.
I was fascinated with my little 110 camera when I was little. I would walk around the neighborhood and pose people and take photos of trash cans etc. then I would do chores to get enough money to get the film developed. That was back in the 1970s :)

Liesl said...

These images are so beautiful...always love clouds and taking pictures of them! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO, aww your comment rocks!!! Btw: I know a little girl who it totally obsessed with dinosaurs right now. She is about 6 years old. She knows all the different kinds and all their names including little details about them. She is awesome:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Carina, pink clouds are so romantic, don't you think?

Diana Mieczan said...

Jeanette:))) I usually see food items in clouds. Btw: I adore that you loved taking photos with your beloved camera. How sweet!

Hannah Q. Parris said...

Fabulous photos! Especially love that first one.

Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox said...

those photos are so gorgeous!! I still love finding animal shapes in clouds when I'm driving down the road (although I should probably be paying more attention to the cars in front of me!)

little t said...

That last image is stunning!

Diana Mieczan said...

Tsuki, :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Hannah, the first one is my favourite as well:)

Wendy said...

Rainbows - at that age, everything had to be rainbows... clothes and room decor. However, as an adult, I'm completely fascinated with clouds.

Diana Mieczan said...

Wendy, how lovely...Rainbows are awesome:)

Lena P Cox said...

These are amazing.
I played with cars in the dirt with my brothers.

Annie said...

Cloud watching is one of the most calming, beautiful things to me.. love these images, Diana.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk