Oh, you Swedish clogs, you are so darn irresistible!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Le sigh, when I was about 9 years old I had this (pretty unattractive) pair of classic white clogs that I utterly adored. The little heel and the clunking noise with every step made me feel super grown-up, so I even overlooked how uncomfortable they were at the time. Fast forward 21 years and here I am again - totally smitten with Swedish clogs and to be specific this sexy number in ’marine nubuck’. It might be just a childish feeling but they never looked better. I want to wear them with rolled up jeans, sassy skirts and even over super cozy tights during those cooler days. Loves, do you wear clogs?  Have you before? Which kind is your favourite? (I am all for sandals right now).  xo

P.S: Also, some French-y flats, classy loafers and comfy sneakers.
P.P.S: Plus, people and their shoes.

(Photos by/via Garance DorĂ©, The SartorialistElizabeth Alley, Annabel and Vanessa Jackman)

11 comments:

HiLLjO said...

I love the open-toe style.

I had these metallic silver clogs with a faux-wood heel... oh, being 9.
:o)

Vintage Market Place said...

I have always loved clogs.
My friend let me borrow hers when I was very young, I was hooked.
But they never did fit me even though I tried to make it work.
My feet are way too narrow for a clog and I slip right out of them with each step.
Amy

Monica | Hola!design said...

You know me, I love anything Swedish. I totally want a pair! Then I can pretend I'm walking in Stockholm!

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO, open-toe clogs are beautiful as well:) Btw: yay on being 9! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Amy. My old clogs used to slip out all the time as well...I kept on loosing them while walking...hahah.(good memories)Btw: The sandal-type is lovely because you can adjust it.

Behold the Metatron said...

Love the look of these. Esp with jeans.

kristen
www.beholdthemetatron.com

Mal said...

These are much cuter than the clogs of my youth, I may need a pair

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Oh I do remember loving clogs back in the day! It is a time to revisit these modern pairs!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Patricia Villamil said...

I'm warming up to them. I think I might get a pair, maybe.

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Mal? They are so cute right now.

Jamillah said...

I have been totally eying these shoes!!! I have no idea why either...they look cute and awkward at the same time. Irresistible!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk