Nifty Kiwi Trick

Monday, July 2, 2012

How about a little nifty kiwi peeling trick for this hot summer Monday? I find kiwis really fussy to peel due to their super thin skin, don’t you? Apparently, if you cut off the ends of the fruit, slide a spoon between the skin and the flesh, then gently start turning the kiwi with your other hand while scooping it around, the fruit should pop right out. Crikey, who would have thought? I am so trying it tonight. Btw: lately, my mom freezes slices of kiwi with slices of lemon and adds them to her mineral water. It looks so pretty! Would you try this trick? Have you already? xo

P.S: Here is also a step-by-step video tutorial.
P.P.S: And a few more awesome tips: on berries, on wine, on pomegranate and on poached eggs.

(Top two photos by Jaden Hair, last three photos by Harri, layout by exPress-o)

20 comments:

Dancing Branflake said...

This post reminds me that I haven't had a kiwi in a really long time. Need to change that! Thanks for the tip!

Tish said...

You know this makes me extremely happy, right?

Morgan Stone said...

Well this is just brilliant! Now I just need to go buy a few kiwis and try this out :)

Ann On and On... said...

I'll give it a try. Thanks!

HiLLjO said...

Hooray for de-fuzzed Kiwi!

Diana Mieczan said...

yay, Tish!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Morgan, me too. I am so looking forward to giving this a go!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, HiLLjO:)

Behold the Metatron said...

That's genius! I've always wanted to figure out an easier way that it just looking like a total mess! lol

kristen
www.beholdthemetatron.com

Chapstick Fanatic said...

I actually cut the top out and just eat the kiwi out with the spoon - no plate required.

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

Jenni Austria Germany said...

that is awesome. i love kiwis. will try this pronto.

That's Not My Age said...

Any tips for peeling mangoes? I always make a right pig's ear of that!

Danie at Pasadya said...

Seriously...WHY didn't I know this sooner? Thanks so much for the tip!

Diana Mieczan said...

Chapstick Fanatic, how brilliant and it totally makes sense:) Thanks!

Diana Mieczan said...

That's Not My Age, I am on it!

Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox said...

mmm, kiwi! this is how I've always done it (with the spoon). i learned it when I was 17 and working in a cafeteria. it's like magic!

Martie* said...

That´s a very handy one! Thanks for sharing the magic!

Karina Cifuentes said...

This is the best tip EVER! I always struggle to cut a kiwi. I'm so tempted to try your mom's trick too.

Diana Mieczan said...

How cool, Tsuki. I tried it last night and it works like a charm. LOVE!

Diana Mieczan said...

You totally should, Karina:) I think you will really enjoy it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk