Nifty Cherry Pitting Trick

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

If you don’t own a cherry pitter or as me misplaced it somewhere with no trace, here is a handy little trick to pitting cherries for those delicious pies, cakes and salads this season. (The only thing you need is an empty beer bottle or any bottle with small mouth and a chop stick or even a paper clip).

Here is how: simply place the cherry on top of the bottle hole and press the chop stick through it to push the pit out the other side. Ta dah! The best part: the bottle collects all the pits with no mess and no hassle.

Ha, who would have thought? Would you give this a go? What’s your favourite cherry recipe? xo

P.S: And a few other little tricks you might like: peeling kiwis, wine chilling, avocado ripening, coffee and my favourite, the poached egg one.

(Photos by James Ransom - Food52 via Lauren Proux)

16 comments:

siddathornton said...

what a cool trick! i never would have thought of that.

- lauren

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I'm about to make a cherry crumble today, brilliant! Thanks for the tip.

little t said...

Great tip!

Dominika said...

Yeah! This is something really useful. I use to spend so much time on cutting cherries in halves & removing pits. And it is presented so nicely! Thanks.

Young at Heart said...

ooh that is a neat trick!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Michelle, now I am craving cherry crumble:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I used to do that too, Dominika. That took forever, didn't it?

Lainey-Paney said...

Oh, that's perfect!!!!

Wendy said...

I forget where I saw this recently (probably pinterest) but it struck me as genius!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, Wendy!

HiLLjO said...

How teriffic. I found a de-pitter in a store that does 3 cherries at once, but I'm more inclined to simple solutions like this that are free, too!

tutusandtea said...

How nifty!! Can't wait to try this for my seasonal batch of juicy cherries!

Patricia Villamil said...

this is awesome, now I can feed my toddler cherries, just how didn't I think of it?

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO, 3 cherries at once - wow! That is something, isn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Patricia:)

Lena P Cox said...

this is so helpful, I was wondering what was an easier way...the photos are so sharp, thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk