Lantern Floating Ceremony In Hawaii

Monday, July 2, 2012

I am totally gobsmacked by those photographs. How about you? Every year during late May thousands of people gather on the Ala Moana Beach in Hawaii to attend the annual Lantern Floating ceremony. Each lit lantern carries a message from the heart and it honours the loved ones that passed on. Last May over 40 000 of them were released to the ocean with the glorious sunset in the distance. What a beautiful and heartfelt tradition, don’t you think? xo

P.S: It reminds me of the Midsummer Night festivities in Poznań.
P.P.S: Or the Loy Kratong Floating Lanterns in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

(via Ana Tuplano. Photos by Lantern floating hawaii, Abby Braman and Jose Roces)

7 comments:

Natasha Fatah said...

This is pure magic!
Thank you for sharing this. :)

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Martaaa said...

this is truly beautiful! I wish I could experience this myself one day...

xx Marta @ An Interesting Distraction

Melissa Blake said...

That is so gorgeous!! Happy Monday, friend! xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Natasha:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I feel the same way, Marta Wouldn't that be amazing?

HiLLjO said...

How dreamy!

Annie said...

another great find, Diana! sooo beautiful in multiple ways!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk