Flower Carpet in Brussels

Monday, July 16, 2012
If you fancy experiencing something breathtaking this summer, Brussels is the place to be. Every two years since the early 1970s Brussels is the home to the most magnificent flower carpet event. This year it will take place between August 15th and 19th. Close to one million begonias will be arranged in maculate designs to create a 19,000 sq. ft. floral carpet in the heart of the city, the Grand’Place. I read that if you’re up for a special treat, you should take the panoramic view from the balcony of the Town Hall to grasp how amazing this carpet is.

Fun fact: It takes only about 4 hours for the creators to assemble the carpet the night before, incredible, huh?  

P.S: Here is all the info about this year's carpet and here are all the previous carpets.
P.P.S: Plus, Japanese flower garden and the breathtaking gardents of Marqueyssac.

(via Eleise Theuer. Photos via  Bloke and Flower Carpet)

21 comments:

Polly Rowan said...

That's so beautiful! And 4 hours?! That's crazy! To think how much organising must go into it... x

Eliza Jane said...

Wow, this is absolutely amazing!!

xoxo, Nkdunchy said...

Such a good idea to make city much more intresting for tourists!
xoxo from PL;)

Diana Mieczan said...

You are so right, Polly. The whole team must be very organized.

Diana Mieczan said...

Good point, Nkdunchy:)

Natasha Fatah said...

So gorgeous!

~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Just wow!
They must have people to stand guard over it I would think. It's beautiful.

Ana Degenaar said...

This is BEYOND stunning!

Karena said...

Truly a work of art!!

Diana, I think you will like my new Giveaway from Royal Design Stencils..

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Alexa said...

Oh my goodness that is insane. How incredibly gorgeous! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jeanette, I bet!

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Karena. I'll check it out for sure:)

HiLLjO said...

How amazing. So many colors!!!

Amber said...

wow 4 hours?! That's incredible. They must have been working at turbo speed.

Hannah Q. Parris said...

Oh! I want to go see it; it looks so amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Monica | Hola!design said...

This is so pretty! I love,love, love installations like these!
Flower Power!

Kisses!

Diana Mieczan said...

That is for sure, Amber.

Diana Mieczan said...

Indeed, Monica! "Flower Power" - LOVE.

tutusandtea said...

Love this!!!! Oh the wonders of the world... so many to see!

Anonymous said...

What a stuff of un-ambiguity anԁ preserveness of νаluable familiaгity about unexpected feelings.
Have a look at my web-site ... http://www.backcountryjournals.com/

Anonymous said...

I am wondering which blogging and site-building platform
you're running? I'm new to running a blog and have been thinking about using
the Ning platform. Do you consider this is a good platform to start with?
I would be really grateful if I could ask you some questions
through email so I can learn a bit more prior
to getting started. When you have some free time,
please make sure to get in touch with me at: michealburroughs@gmail.

com. Thanks!

Feel free to visit my blog ... info

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk