Ballet For A Good Night's Sleep

Tuesday, July 17, 2012


Sometimes when I can’t sleep I tiptoe to the kitchen with my laptop in hand, make myself a cup of milk with honey and browse through ballerina photos till I get all sleepy again. There is something totally captivating and emotional that makes each photograph, each movement tell their own little story. Those photographs above are a few of my favourites that I stumbled upon last night. Lovelies, did you do ballet as a child? Have you tried adult ballet classes? (I went for a few and I really loved them). xo

P.S: Plus, more ballet awesomeness, including ballerina's legs and this little short.
P.P.S: Have you seen this documentary already?

(Photos via Britt and "First Position")

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful. I always wanted to be a ballerina but I grew too tall so I couldn't keep on dancing. Cheers, Grace

Diana Mieczan said...

Grace, I am way too talk too.

Young at Heart said...

gorgeous...I wanted to be a ballerina but I was fat...I went to ballet class and dreamed of pink satin point shoes but by about 8 my dancing 'career' was over and it was horses horses horses....then came music and boys and it was all over.... did do some classes before I got into yoga and occasionally I stand in at the buss stop doing turned out ballet dancer's feet...pretending!

Fashion Meets Food said...

What beautiful pictures. I have been watching Bunheads and every time I see the show it makes me wish I was a ballerina or took ballet lessons. These photos have me wishing the same. xo

Vintage Market Place said...

Beautiful Nope never took dance classes but i am obsessed with the new bunheads show. :). I think they make something so hard look so easy and amazing.
Amy

Dancing Branflake said...

Tell us more about your adult ballet class experience! Maybe I'll have you talk about it on the blog!

KristiMcMurry said...

I never did ballet, but it's a beautiful art form! I love the pictures.

Diana Mieczan said...

Young at Heart, I adore your last line: "I stand in at the bus stop doing turned out ballet dancer's feet...". That is SO sweet! (From now on each time I'll be standing at the bus stop, I'll thinking of you)

Diana Mieczan said...

Fashion Meets Food, thanks for the reminder. I so need to check out that show.

dotblogg said...

I think I will always remember that post with ballerinas dancing in those beautiful dresses. Now I feel like watching ballet..<3 how did you like Black Swan?
hugs!
J

Amber said...

beautiful photos. I never did ballet but I hope to enroll future daughter...very distant future daughter

Diana Mieczan said...

J, I watched it twice. It was amazing, heartbreaking and it gave an incredible inside to the world of ballet. What did you think?

Diana Mieczan said...

Amber..awww..I love little ballerinas

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk