Would you dare?

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lovelies, would you be brave enough to swim in the Jellyfish Lake? Despite the fact that I think of them as "mesmerizingly disturbing" I literally gasped when I saw those photographs! This incredible spot is hidden on Eil Malk Island in Palau (around 500 miles east of the Philippines) and it’s one of those very few rare gems that are definitely worth checking out. Crikey, just looking at their serene peacefulness makes me daydream about spending an afternoon snorkelling amongst them. Bonus: I read that there is no fear of being stung as their stings weakened over time. Win, win:) Would you dare? Have you been there already? Do tell. xo

P.S: Here is an awesome underwater video of this lake.
P.P.S: Plus, you can read more about this spot here.

(Photos by Thomas Wasserberg, Drtenfeet, Explow via ONA)

15 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

Btw: each jellyfish is the size of a teacup:)

Dancing Branflake said...

A teacup? Okay, IF they didn't sting me then YES I would totally do this! What a once in a lifetime opportunity. And I'd feel like Dori.

Behold the Metatron said...

They look beautiful... but nope. not ever! ha

-Kristen
www.beholdthemetatron.com

Monica | Hola!design said...

yes! it'd be amazing to do this!

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany, Dori from Finding Nemo? So cute:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Kristen, Balazs said the same thing - giggle:)

Amber said...

heck no, but its pretty to look at..from afar

Mal said...

I don't think I'd be brave enough, but it does look incredible!

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Patricia Villamil said...

wow this is really amazing, but anything sea related I deeply respect and admire from a distance. Being a water sign should make me less afraid of sea creatures, but nope, I'm really not one to venture with other sea creatures. Although I hear that in new zealand and australia are very open to swimming with wild dolphins. That could be a cool post!

Natasha Fatah said...

Nope, definitely would not.
It's beautiful but I was actually bit by a jelly fish in the Red Sea when I was little kid, and I'm deadly frightened now.

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Annie said...

No way! I really, really don't like jelly fish. hehe

Diana Mieczan said...

Swimming with wild dolphins sounds really cool, Patricia! I am on it:) Thanks. xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh no, Natasha! I am so sorry.

Hannah Q. Parris said...

I love these photos, but I think I'd be too creeped out having them brush against me, even if they couldn't sting me!

Diana Mieczan said...

Hannah, that is a good point.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk