To vest or not to vest?

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My friend Amy is crazy about layers and to keep up with the trend this summer she got herself a cute little denim vest to add an edge to her wardrobe. She says that a little vest can keep you cozy during cooler evening strolls and it looks great with pretty much any feminine dress or layered over a simple tee. I’m not sure if I’m "cool" enough to pull this look off or snazzy enough like Rachel Green from 'Friends', but I must say, that I'm pretty smitten with the idea of layering a darker colour vest over a flowy maxi paired up with messy hair for an outdoor concert.

How about you? Is this something you'd wear? Or should denim vests stay in the 90s? xo

P.S: Also, leather jackets and dip-dye take on denim.
P.P.S: Plus, more adorable trends.

(Photos by/via The Sartorialist, Martina, Stockholm Streetstyle, Brileeo, Vanessa Jackman, Madewell and Northern Light)

22 comments:

Jess said...

I love the look of the denim vest with the maxi skirt! I'm afraid of committing to one though, it just still screams "90's!" to me!

Carina said...

Denim and white always looks beautiful in the summer time!

Lainey-Paney said...

I say: edgy denim jacket vs. vest.

...but, I'm no fashionista....

Christianna said...

Love it! You should totally rock it!

Ethaney said...

vests make me really nervous but these photos make me really want an awesome denim vest!

Kayla Boyle said...

Always vest!!!

A Refreshed Take Off

Melissa Blake said...

I'm on the fence about this...it reminds me a bit too much of the '80s lol! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jess, I adore that combination as well. It looks super breezy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Very true, Carina and Christianna, you are so lovely:)

HiLLjO said...

VESSTTTUUTUUHHH. Yes. I need to bust out my denim one...

icyHighs said...

Anything 90s is welcome all year round. Every year.

Diana said...

I love the vest look with the dresses...so chic! Sorry I havent been around much...the girls keep me busy! I hope you are having a lovely week! xoxo

PS theres a vest post on AWS today too!

dotblogg said...

vests, I have one vest I wore only once..I'm glad you convinced me to sew (!) long chifon skirt I couldn't find in the shops..and I can't wait to have it done at home...<3 Have I ever written that I adore your blog?It's one of my favourites. You're in my top 3!;)))
hugs!
J

Mary Jo at TrustYourStyle said...

I love seeing vests pop up on others, but I've done my vest thing and sort of doubt I'll do it again--but never say never, lol.

xo Mary Jo

Natasha Fatah said...

Vest it up kids!
I love this look!

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

katie walker said...

i think their cute if you pair them with a chic look :)

-katie

CHEVRON and GEOMETRICS said...

TO VEST! I love it. I think it combines styles in a very interesting way. xxx

Diana Mieczan said...

Di, missed you:) xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..J, you are so lovely! Your comment totally made my day:) (I am blushing right now). xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Natasha and Katie, such a good point.

Annie said...

pic #1 and #5 are my favorites! xo

keishua said...

so glad vest are coming back. i use to have a ton. think they add good layers and texture.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk