Love At First Sight?

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dears, do you believe in love at first sight? You know, the moment when you enter a room and suddenly feel a very strong connection to a complete stranger sitting by the window table? A while ago I read that we form our opinion on a person in the first 3 minutes from the point we meet them, do you believe in that? My friend, Sarah says that if you feel the instant click, just go ahead and trust your instinct, whether it turns into a long-lasting relationship or not – it’s simply too precious to miss out on. She believes that those 180 seconds are essential for romance and hopefully love at first sight or a friendship that can transform into something more.

What's your stand on it? How did you meet your boyfriend/husband? Were you friends before falling in love or was it an instant attraction? xo

Btw: Speaking of love, if you're ever in Paris you shouldn't miss the Pont des Arts, also called the lovers bridge. (The spot oozes romance!). The drill for lovers is to fasten a padlock to the railings and then toss the key into the Seine river below, symbolizing their eternal love. (You can read more about it here). xo

P.S: Also, love ever after.
P.P.S: And your stand on marriage.

(Top photo via Shoko, the "Kiss by the Hotel de Ville in Paris" by Robert Doisneau via Daily Mail and the "loves bridge in Paris" by Philippe Garavel)

16 comments:

HiLLjO said...

I felt that way the first time I saw Shawn... and when we finally met and talked. I still feel like that when he comes home from work...
Our 1-year wedding anniversary is Sunday... it has gone by so fast... and been so much fun.

Sarah said...

I very much believe, not in *love* but for sure infatuation, at first sight. The first time I saw my partner our eyes met across a crowded room, and I smiled. There was an instant connection... I get swoony just thinking about it.

Stephanie said...

I met my husband when he transferred to my school in 7th grade, and it was actually my best friend at the time who had a crush on him!! And he dated another friend of mine in high school before we started dating. So definitely not love at first sight, but he was (and still is!) one of my very best friends since before we started dating. :-)

holtkamp said...

my husband and i definitely didn't have a love at first sight epxerience, we couldn't even remember the first time we met until a friend reminded us! :) our first date was some six months after we met and then we got engaged two months later!

Vera Elisabeth said...

I completely felt head over heels for my boyfriend from the first moment I met him. A friend of ours introduced us at a festival and I couldn't take my eyes of him. The rest of the evening I only talked to him. So yes, love at first sight is definitely possible.

(And last year I put a padlock on the Pont des Arts together with that boyfriend :-))

Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe! And about the paddocks, I first heard about this tradition in the Italian book and movie Tre metri sopra il cielo. Best regards from Barcelona, Spain,
Marta
http://abilingualbb.blogspot.com/

Natasha Fatah said...

Oh the sweetest images!

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

OH YES! - big believer - it's the best feeling ever!

Christianna said...

I think I need to go with my gut more! This has happened to me a few times!

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO, happy (almost) 1 year wedding anniversary. That is so special:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Sarah, I bet. It sounds totally romantic and Stephanie, that is the sweetest thing ever - "one of my very best friends since before we started dating".

Diana Mieczan said...

How awesome, Vera and Marta, how inetersting about the padlock. I am going to check out that book for sure, Thanks!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww such sweet stories!!!

ElsaD said...

I believe in attraction at first sight. Building a succesful, loving and caring relationship takes time. The attraction at first sight is sweet, powerful and romantic if you will. But it doesn't necessarily imply the beginning of an equally sweet, powerful and romantic relationship. (I learned it the hard way, trust me!) xoxo

ElsaD said...

Oh, sorry I missed the final question of the post. When I met my boyfriend, of course that I was instantly very attrated to him (I actually thought 'hmm, I wish I could find a guy exactly like him' -we met on a trip, we were both travelling alone) I guess that was the first stage...After that, we talked everyday and realized that the attraction we felt in that trip was the beginning of the relationship we currently have :)

Mariah said...

Oh the sweetest images! xoxo ~Natasha Fatah~ ~Natasha Fatah~

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk