Grown-Up Pigtails?

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

When was the last time you sported pigtails? For me it had to be still in grade school. I had super long hair back then and my dad used to braid them each morning. Nowadays, I only put my hair in pigtail-buns when I’m swimming (under my swimming cap), but then the other day I spotted a girl who wore very loose braided pigtails and she looked simply stylish. My dilemma is when it’s ok to wear them.

So let’s talk about it, shall we? I am curious what's your stand on the subject. Do you wear pigtails of any type or you think that anyone above 14 shouldn’t wear them anymore? Is it ok for an adult to sport them? xo

P.S: Here is Huffington Post's take on it.
P.P.S: Plus pigtails done right and those two beauties below.

(Photos by/via Scent of Obsession, Prepfection, This is Glamorous, Film and The Sartorialist)

14 comments:

Tish said...

I still rock pig tails. If I've just worked out and have somewhere to go they're perfect for my long crazy curly hair.

Yes, I still get carded when I rock them, but that's not a bad thing at all!

Dancing Branflake said...

I love them! I'm definitely going to wear them more often this summer... especially with a cute straw hat.

Tinacious Me said...

Too cute!
www.Tinacious.Me

Natasha Fatah said...

On some it can look adorable and on others just downright ridiculous!

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Diana Mieczan said...

Tish, I totally agree - "that's not a bad thing at all" :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Good idea, Tiffany. They would look oh-so cute with hats.

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

funny you posted this cuz my fiance was just telling me that he think i'd look cute with pigtails. might have to prove him right. ;)

Amber said...

I rock pig tails all the time at home. They are cute and easy. Its the perfect combo.

Stop by & enter my Shabby Apple $50.00 Giftcard Giveaway!

nicole said...

I like wearing pigtail braids. ;)

HiLLjO said...

I haven't worn pigtails in like... 3 years! I wear high pigtails like Baby Spice because I have long hair... it looks soooo naughty ;o)

I should try them again while I'm very young.

Christianna said...

I love the idea of big girl pigtails!

little t said...

I love Zooey!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ilene, you totally should:) I bet you would look totally aodrable with pigtails:)

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO:) and little t, Zooey is awesome, indeed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk