Cheese and Berries - The Perfect Pair

Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Ryan has this cool series called ’Tuesdays with Murray’ where he pairs up one type of cheese with a food item or with a drink that fits it best. Each time he comes up with a new combination, I rush to our local cheese shop and give it a good try myself. Last week he got Cremeux de Bourgogne, a French creamy cheese and paired it up with freshly bought strawberries and sea salt crackers. Sounds delicious, doesn’t it?

My friend Sofia is coming over today so I am planning to treat her (and myself) to this instead of lunch. Yum!

Darlings, what’s your favourite cheese? Do you like the stinky kind? (I do).

P.P.S: Plus more on cheese.

(Photos by Ryan and Laura - Smith & Ratliff)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all kinds of cheese but the stinky type is my favourite. I am going shopping tomorrow after work so I'll be keeping my eyes open for this one. Cheers, Grace.

Natasha Fatah said...

Beautiful!

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Cara said...

mmm!

Jess said...

Yum! Sounds like a yummy pairing! I always loved strawberries with creme fraiche or some clotted cream too!

ElsaD said...

Darling, I could spend the rest of my days on cheese (all kinds), fresh bread and some red wine! :) Just love them all. xoxo

HiLLjO said...

YUM! I love berries and cheese with nuts, too! (http://hilljocreates.blogspot.com/2011/02/sunday-brunch.html)

My favorite cheese is definitely Muenster.
Have a nice lunchy snack with your friend! :o)

Karena said...

Diana,
Oh what can be better for a wonderful appetizer ( or light meal) berries and a nice soft cheese! Always a hit!

Paris Holiday with Anita
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

KristiMcMurry said...

mmmmmmm this looks delicious. I like soft and not-so-stinky cheeses, like Brie. :) I'm not very adventurous with cheese!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Grace and Jess, yummm...I love creme fraiche:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so with you on that, Elsa!

Amber said...

cheese and berries? I would have never thought to pair those two things but I'll give it a try :)

Stop by & enter my Shabby Apple $50.00 Giftcard Giveaway!

Hannah Q. Parris said...

I love cheese (and fresh fruit!). Creamy cheeses are probably my favorite, like camembert. Yum!

Diana Mieczan said...

Hannah, creamy cheeses are so good. I agree!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk