Blissfully Free In French Le Shack

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Last night I was catching up on my reading and I stumbled upon this dreamy Le Shack in The New York Times. Have you seen it? It belongs to a French fashion designer, Isabel Marant, her husband and their little son. Each Friday after a busy working week in Paris they pack up their car and drive to the French countryside to spend a simple, blissful and totally uninterrupted weekend in nature. How awesome is that?

Their little slice of heaven has no address, the road has no name, there is no electricity or proper pluming and it’s in the middle of nowhere. Isabel said that they chose this spot because it brings them closer together, lets them go back to the basics - unwind and enjoy the ‘less is more’ concept.

I’m totally dreaming about a little spot somewhere next to a lake with a little deck, where Balazs and I could bicycle for weekends away. The idea of this blissful freedom totally tickles my fancy. Le sigh.

Lovelies, how would your ideal chillaxing weekend look like? Would you like to spend in Le Shack? xo

P.S: Also, cozy Catskill.
P.P.S: And how about this family spot on the Sauvie Island?

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

The light there is really beautiful and the whole blissfulness of nature also apeals to me too Diana. Wish I could go there right now. Cheers, Grace

ElsaD said...

Wow...it doesn't get any more fab than that! thanks so much for sharing! xoxo

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I would love that, except it would have to be somewhere other than Arizona. We need electricity in the summer because without air conditioning, we would melt for sure.

Morgan Stone said...

This sounds and looks heavenly. I would love to spend a few days there and be completely unconnected from the world!

xoxo, me

Roselie said...

I 'd love to spend it in Le Shack! Though my ideal weekend involves the sea...

Cara said...

beach for me!

Wendy said...

Yes!!! Only electricity and plumbing would be a necessity. :)
But an escape to a quite place with fresh air, lots of trees and water would be pure bliss.

HiLLjO said...

Looks lovely!

Jess said...

c'est incroyable! I would like to live here!

Punctuation Mark said...

I wouldn't mind going for vacation over there!

KristiMcMurry said...

sounds like heaven! Sometimes I think my weekends are even busier than my weekdays :(

Sage Crown Parker said...

this looks amazing and reminds me of home (maine) so peaceful!!!
i'm ready ;)

laurenjeanallece said...

This is exactly what I would love to have someday! HOw perfectly lovely :) Hope you're having a happy week Diana!

Diana Mieczan said...

I agree, Grace. The light is simply dreamy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I bet, Jeanette! It gets really hot in Arizona, doesn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

I love sea too, Roselie! Im such a water person as well.

Diana Mieczan said...

So with you on that, Kristi!!!

Karin - The F Girl said...

So lovely. The light is marvelous. We try to spend our weekends together as much as we can, go for long walks in the forest and ride to find adventures around every corner. The simple pleasures can be found really close to home, we discovered. But still, to have a house like that, a place where you can be away from it all and be reminded of what's really important, sounds like nothing less than perfect.

Sarah said...

My parents worked in Prague for a few years and many of their students had a little 'cottage' like this in the country. Although, they called it going to 'the nature' rather than 'the country.' Apparently most everyone had a little shed (some with electricity many not) with a garden somewhere outside the city. It's a very attainable way to have a second home!

Amber said...

that sounds lovely although I think I would need to install some plumbing.

SJ said...

this makes me long for summer!

Lady Grey said...

wow - I want one!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Karin, your comment is totally spot on - LOVE!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Sarah, I love that they call it: going to 'the nature':)

Annie said...

I would LOVE a place like this....

Lena P Cox said...

We have some similiar where I live, they are called camps, and they also have names. Plenty time to chill.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk