30 Minutes To Yourself (in Silence)

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Brilliant! A Dutch artist, Rob Sweere is on a mission to make people realize that taking a bit of time in a day to ourselves is crucial and incredibly calming to our overall existence. His experiment invites people to take just half an hour out of their busy day to lay on the grass or any other surface in silence and simply enjoy the view they see above. His project got so popular that it already reached many countries from Netherlands, Australia to France and even NYC. There have been about 48 different occurrences so far. Incredible!

Wouldn’t it be a great goal for the summer? Just imagine grabbing a blanket each afternoon and talking a stroll to your favourite spot (park or even a rooftop) and laying there for a bit next to your partner while relaxing, switching off and listening to the sounds of the busy city. Bliss!

Would you try it? Do you have a special “me time” each day? When was the last time you did something just for yourself? xo

P.S: And here is the little thing I started to do lately:)
P.P.S: Plus, 10,000 hours!

(via My Modern Met)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

How inspiring. I need to start taking little moments to myself. Thank you. Jill

Sandy a la Mode said...

whoa! this is TOTALLY neat!

holtkamp said...

what an awesome project! i need to make some time for relaxation/meditation outside yoga class.

Wendy said...

Yes, yes, yes! I'm a big fan of taking a bit of personal down time everyday- we need it to get centered. Adding in your favorite little spot makes it that much better. Cool post!

1 Funky Woman said...

What a fantastic idea! I keep saying I need to learn to meditate and try some calming techniques since the kids are home for summer break, lol! I love this idea!

Megan

http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

cocktail on the beach said...

fascinating!

Inés said...

Oh, Diana...I try , but it's sooo difficult! I had this rutine last year, to walk about an hour every day through the park...I must reorganize my day to do it again!

Abrazos & besos!

Inés
SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Very true, Wendy. We all need it to get centered:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Haha..Megan:) I try to meditate weekly but it's pretty hard for me to switch off.

Diana Mieczan said...

I totally know how you feel, Inés. It's really hard to balance it all, isn't it:)

Morgan Stone said...

This actually sounds amazing. It would be so nice to have that time each day to just get away from it all!

Annie said...

I LOVE this, Diana. I would TOTALLY participate daily! I need to start doing this..xo

HiLLjO said...

Yes! Meditation is very important. I get physically stiff if I don't do this everyday. LOVE!

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Annie:)

Amber said...

I need to incorporate this into my day. After a long day at the office I need some time to myself.

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Amber? Those little moments to ourselves are so important!

Jana Miller @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering said...

I enjoy the quiet and while I usually draw, I don't mind turning everything off.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk