The Whales' Eyes

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

While catching up on my reading I fell in love with a sweet little story that I’d love to share today.

On a summer afternoon in 2005, Bryant Austin experienced something out of this world. He came into very close contact with a humpback whale calf and shortly after with his mom (who was about 1,000 pounds). Since that incredible interaction, Bryant’s life completely changed. He realized that he wants to recreate in his photographs the feeling that he had when he looked into the mother whale eyes. He was struck by the calmness and the human-like intelligence that oozed from her. Since that day he was on a mission to pursue the dream and three years later he got the opportunity to swim with the whales again. What’s more, he even developed a sweet relationship with these gentle giants.

Recently his work was included in a few exhibitions and the one thing that stayed with me is what an onlooker said about them, “I feel like the whales are talking to me with their eyes.” Heart-warming, isn’t it?

Lovelies, have you experienced anything like that before? Have you ever changed a path of your life because of an experience or a situation that made you realize your true calling? xo

P.S: You can read more about his story here.
P.P.S: Do you remember this female humpback whale? (That story still melts my heart).

(Photos by Bryant Austin and via Marisa Seguin)

11 comments:

Morgan said...

Ah-mazing! I would give my life savings to have this experience.

Ana Degenaar said...

This is beyond amazing! This must be a life-changing experience.

Anonymous said...

I agee with Ana, this is beyond amazing and something I'd love to experience one day. I'm still waiting for my true calling. Cheers, Grace

Melissa Blake said...

How amazing!! I'd love to do this, and the expressions of the whales do look human-like!

HiLLjO said...

I love whales... and all animals, mostly. They are such individuals with personalities and quirks, just furry... or scaly... or feathery.

Thanks for sharing, love!

Diana said...

What a remarkable story. Amazing photos. I have to say that when I met my husband and his kids, I just knew that I would be in their lives forever and wanted to be their "mom". They have touched my heart, inspired me, and just amaze me every day with their confidence and courage. Okay, Im getting sappy here! LOL!

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so with you on that, Morgan!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Indeed, Ana:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I agree, HilljO! All animals are such individuals with awesome personalities:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww Di, I LOVE your comment. It's so sweet and it melts my heart:) xo

Monica | Hola!design said...

wow! I love stories like these. I love animals so much. I wish someday see whales!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk