Twisted Ponytail

Monday, May 14, 2012

Saturday was super gloomy, so instead of meeting friends for a stroll on the island we decided we’ll be much better off with a pasta night. We met up in our favourite Italian spot. I wore my hair in a twisted pony, like the one Mindy wore in that photo above. The twisted part added an elegant touch to my casual jeans and striped tee look that I adore. Totally going to wear it again :)

Bonus, it’s super easy: simply twist your hair on both sides away from your face, pin it with bobby pins. Then, pull all your hair in a messy ponytail and wrap a piece of hair from under your ponytail around your rubber band. Secure it by pinning it underneath. Done!

Lovelies, would you wear it? Any other fun twists on ponytails? xo

P.S: More hair delights including those four snazzy updo's.

(Photo by Mindy via Wit + Delight)

20 comments:

Natasha Fatah said...

Love it - might give one a try - if my unruly hair cooperates. :)

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Liesl said...

Oooh, a pasta night sounds lovely! Love that you wore your hair like the picture...love this look and am going to have to try it! :)

Morgan said...

I'm definitely trying this. So pretty!

HiLLjO said...

I am SO trying this one. I like to braid my ponies into fishtail braids but no one notices the subtle texture difference. I still like it!

Alexa said...

Oh that is classy and easy and beautiful. LOVE! :)

That's Not My Age said...

Gorgeous! I'm wondering if it works on shoulder length hair?

Vintage Market Place said...

LOVE IT!!!
so trying it :)
Amy

Meagan :: Mo Pie, Please said...

This is beautiful! I must add it to my beauty routine immediately!

Melisande said...

love it! i can't wait until my hair is long enough to do this!

Christianna said...

This is so cute and sheik!

Sal {Daniel and I} said...

You make it sound so easy that I just might try this! My hair is super straight and so darn thick that it weighs a tonne so putting it up to look nice rather than messy is a challenge!!

Sorry to hear the weather was gloomy at the weekend! Pasta is an amazing remedy to a gloomy day, I agree :-)

Sal x

ElsaD said...

I just discovered you blog via Cup of Jo and love it! Keep it up! xoxo

lizzie said...

that looks gorgeous and simple!

xo, lizzie

Luna said...

I'm giving it a try right now. I'm sure my fiance is sick of the standard ponytail as I am. Will check out the other hair delights too.

Cara said...

LOVE! Maybe I will wear my hair like this today :)

steinschmuckdesign said...

Totally LOVE it!!

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO, I love fishtail braids:)

Diana Mieczan said...

That's Not My Age, it totally does, just the ponytail should be a bit higher.

Diana Mieczan said...

Your hair is totally beautiful, Sal and I bet this do would look amazing on you:) Btw: Indeed, pasta is simply perfect for gloomy days. Always does the trick:)

Mal said...

oooh, love it!

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk