Ten Takes On Picnicking

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer picnics are one of life’s simple pleasures, aren’t they? Every year, I look forward to those long breezy days when I can simply pick up a basket of fresh berries, a bottle of cooled wine and a French baguette on the way to our local park. Usually Balazs meets me there and we spend the afternoon on our blanket, barefoot, eating, chatting, reading or my favourite: playing a cloud shapes guessing game. Bliss!

Our old blanket got totally used up in recent years, so last week I went on a hunt for a lovely replacement. Here are the ten blankets and throws that totally tickle my fancy:

1. Anorak - Kissing rabbits.
2. Terrain - Pendleton travel throw.
3. Scandinavian Design - Anna throw.
4. DWR.
5. Scandinavian Design - Polka wool throw.
6. Cath Kidston - Check blanket.
7. Steven Alan - Tilden blankets.
8. Fine Little Day - Albertus blue blanket.
9. Crate&Barre - Hailey teal throw.
10. Chance - Turkish fouta.

(Also, silly little wish of mine is to be able to keep the next blanket intact for as long as I can, so I can pass it onto our future children as a special treasure and a memory of our fun times as a family).

Loves, do you picnic during summertime? Where do you go? Any of the blankets above caught your eye? Do tell! xo

P.S: How about this uber cool picnic box?
P.P.S: And those Mason jar meals would be great for picnics.

(Top photos by The Jewels of NY via Everything Fab and Max Wanger. Layout of the last image by exPress-o)


Natasha Fatah said...

Love picnics, never get to go on enough of them. :)

~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Tinacious Me said...

great picks!
Tina @ www.tinacious.me

Jess said...

I have been searching through Goodwill trying to find a cute quilt for picnicking... I may just have to suck it up and buy one full price though!

HiLLjO said...

We got a picnic set for our wedding and it was one of the cutest gifts ever. We might use it on our anniversary! LOVE!

Vintage Market Place said...

oh I think we will have a great picnic this weekend on the beach.
How inspiring :)

Ula said...

It is coming into winter here and although I am enjoying all the lovely parts f winter, being cosy and curling up with a lovely book, I do miss sitting in parks in the sun 'sigh'

Polly Rowan said...

Oh I love Anorak Kissing! Number 3 looks more practical though, as it's patterned and not too light so it won't show dirt! I love picnics so much, it's really hot here in England this week, I love it x

marissa at the boot said...

what a sweet idea about passing the picnic blanket on! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jess, a cute quilt is a great idea too:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh my goodness, HiLLjO that is a brilliant wedding gift idea. I must remember that!

Diana Mieczan said...


Diana Mieczan said...

Ula, stay cozy and Polly, such a good point!

Eliza Jane said...

Oooh, I adore picnics! I used to go all the time with my friends in Vancouver. xx

Eliza Jane said...

Oooh, I adore picnics! I used to go all the time with my friends in Vancouver. xx

Lena P Cox said...

Thanks for the reminder about the cloud game. Exce
Lent idea of passing the blanket on to children, and I pick #3.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk