Supermoon Saturday

Friday, May 4, 2012
Crikey, fancy experiencing something out of this world beautiful this weekend? Well, tomorrow on May 5th there will be an extraordinary event of supermoon occurrence. It’s a phenomenon that doesn’t happen often and it occurs when a full moon is at its perigee - its closest point to the Earth on its elliptical patch. Tomorrow, exactly at 11:35pm ET the moon will reach that special peak point and then we can see it all big, bright and even more breathtaking!

So if you have a chance - grab a blanket, some chilled wine, your favourite cheese and enjoy the evening under the stars and the glowing moon.  I know, I will! See you there:)

Totally romantic, don't you think? xo

P.S: You can read more about it here.
P.P.S: Also, this stunning midsummer night in Poland and the magical Aurora Borealis!

(Photos of last year's supermoon via Zurmat and Flickr)

23 comments:

Polly Rowan said...

That's so cool! I love it when the moon looks amazing! I'm out on saturday night so I'll look out for it ;) xx

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

wow, that's amazing! I will definitely be looking out for the giant moon tomorrow night.

These photos are stunning!

Sage Crown Parker said...

what?! this is amazing!!!!
thank you for sharing this, i can't wait :)
xoxo

Roselie said...

Wow seems awesome!You 'll definately find me under the stars that night to see the moon.

Rebecca ♥ said...

And you just made my weekend a bit more magical... thanks for sharing!

Diana Mieczan said...

Fantastic, Polly:) I am going to watch out for it too.

Diana Mieczan said...

You're very welcome, Sage!!!

mermaid gallery said...

great tip...hope the clouds get out of the way......

Natasha Fatah said...

Really beautiful images Diana. Nice way to end the week. :)

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~

Dancing Branflake said...

I can't wait!!! Husband and I are super nerds when it comes to astronomy.

Michelle B said...

absolutely incredible, I will have to check it out! Have a fabulous weekend! xo

HiLLjO said...

BUDDHA MOOON!!!

Added it to my cell phone alerts so we will NOT miss it. Your blankey and wine suggestion is lovely, dear.

Stephanie said...

Ooh, totally doing this!! I am a sucker for anything that involves watching the night sky. ;-)

Vintage Market Place said...

I can wait for SMS (super moon saturday) It is going to be amazing cause the moon shines super bright when just normal, right into my back yard at this time so this will be something super crazy to see.
AMy

Christianna said...

So checking this out tomorrow! I love the moon!

Amber said...

If it doesnt rain tomorrow night, I am so doing this!

Monica | Hola!design said...

I'll be watching the sky tomorrow night!!!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

My husband just loves things like this - we're on it!

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO,the cell phone thing is such a good idea:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh my goodness, Amy I love that -SMS, indeed!!! (brilliant)

Mimi said...

i really want to see the supermoon, that would be really cool! ;)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Punctuation Mark said...

this is amazing... i will be working a wedding tomorrow but will for sure be on the look out!

SJ said...

the moon was amazing on the weekend! sadly i couldn't get a good photo of it but it was beautiful nonetheless :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk