Summer Time Scarves

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wearing my beloved silk, cotton or pashmina scarves during summer time proves to be quite tricky. It's simply too hot to wear them around my neck and when I need them in the evenings they are nowhere to be found - sounds familiar?

Well, this year I decided to find a few snazzy, yet comfortable ways to incorporate them into my everyday outfits. So, if you have the same scarf dilemma, here are a few takes on summer-scarf-wearing that I can't wait to try out:
As a head-bow-tie-scarf or around a snazzy top-knot hairdo.
As a top cover-up or a guy-bow-tie.
As a belt. (or part of a belt).
For cooler summer days or evenings as a cover up or a side cover. Such a wonderful way to add extra texture to the outfit, isn't it?
Or loosely flowing in the air - perfect for bike rides.

Lovelies, which one you fancy trying? Do you know any other fun ways to wear scarves this summer? Do tell! xo

P.S: Also, you can wear it as a necklace.
P.P.S: Don't miss our awesome Mi-Bra GIVEAWAY!

(Photos by/via Vanessa Jackman, La Mariniére, Note To Self, Elle, Street Peeper, Lydia Abaté, Garance Doré & The Sartorialist)

25 comments:

Tinacious Me said...

love these! great inspirations!
Tina @ www.tinacious.me

vintch said...

oh man i love all of these! especially the head wrap one...i love how models make anything look so chic and effortless. i look like a snow bunnny in august when i try to rock the scarf look:) these give me hope, though!

Diana Mieczan said...

vintch, aww I bet you would look super cute wearing a head wrap:)

TheChambrayCountess said...

I always want to try a headwrap, but I always take it off before I leave the house! Maybe this summer I will get up the nerve...? Love the little bow scarf, too :)

holtkamp said...

one can never have too many scarves despite the season. i love these new ways to wear them. i've been wearing mine as a headscarf with the knot in the front!

DF said...

Great pictures!

Josie said...

HI, Diana! Love scarves in any season! Even in SC with temperatures reaching the high 90s I always carry a scarf for overly ACed venues!

Melissa Blake said...

I wish my hair was long enough for scarves...maybe I should try growing it out again!

Dancing Branflake said...

Never thought of half of these! Come to think of it, my outfit today could be zhushed up with a little scarf.

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

Great ideas! i def want to try the bowtie one.

Joni James said...

That scarf and striped shirt combination is so striking. I'm on a mission now!

Ann On and On... said...

I'd be lost without my scarves. It's the one thing that makes winter..fun.
Loved the post!

Diana Mieczan said...

TheChambrayCountess, that bow scarf stole my heart as well:)

Diana Mieczan said...

holtkamp, oh-so true - "one can never have too many scarves despite the season".

Diana Mieczan said...

Joni, I ADORE that combo too:) Isn't it amazing?

HiLLjO said...

The stripes + colorful scarf is so pretty together!

I love wearing scarves in my hair, around my neck and as a belt. Have a nice day, dear.

Mary Jo at TrustYourStyle said...

So pretty! I obviously need some for my summer wardrobe!

xo Mary Jo

Natasha Fatah said...

Lots of beautiful ideas!!

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Amber said...

I like the idea of tying one in your hair but I think it looks weird if you have one around your neck and its like a hundred degrees outside....just me?

Christianna said...

I like all of these ideas!

Wendy said...

Love these ideas!

BellaGetsREal said...

Scarves just might be my best friend for summer hair. Going to check out your how to on the whole scarf thing.

Lady Grey said...

I love the one that's tied around that girls top bun in the back... so pretty!
xo

LyddieGal said...

I love the scarf tied into the bun!

and thanks so much for including my belted scarf!!
Chic on the Cheap

Tagg said...

Such pretty scarves! I love the top knot idea (like so many of us)! Ha ha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk