Summer Lipstick Trick

Monday, May 21, 2012

The other week in hopes to get me hooked on the latest natural lips trend, my good friend Magda (remember her?) let me in on a little secret. Here it is: to make your nude or pale pink lips look even more wearable, pair your favourite nude colour lipstick with a tinted balm. Magda uses MAC in Innocence, Beware! with Rosebud minted-balm that creates a super natural yet sexy shade.

Bonus: that lip balm is one of my all time favourites and it's perfect for MAC lipsticks as they tend to (on occasion) over-dry your lips.

Loves, what's your lipstick colour of choice those days? Would you try this trick? xo

P.S: Also, here are a few tips on how to avoid lipstick faux pas.
P.P.S: And my favourite nailpolish of this season!

(Top photo via Kara)

14 comments:

Natasha Fatah said...

Lovely soft colour!

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Ana Degenaar said...

Oh my style! No makeup makeup. Yes!

Jess said...

Love that trick! And I Love Alexa! Hope you had a fantastic weekend, and don't forget to stop by my blog for my week of giveaways!

http://avant-garde-living.blogspot.com/

HiLLjO said...

ALWAYS chapstick before any kind of lip makeup. Just so much smoother. I love that rose balm; I haven't used it in years, though!
Might have to pick some up for underneath the matte-baby pink I love to use to even our my natural lip color.

Mary Jo at TrustYourStyle said...

I love Rosebud Salve and wear it under even the most vibrant colors--such a great tip to try a more tinted version.

xo Mary Jo

Christianna said...

Ooooo, good tips! I tend to wear really bright lipstick if I wear any at all. If not just a plain chap stick is my go to.

Karena said...

I will try this Diana as my lips do dry out easily!!

Thought you would enjoy...Interview with Leslie of Segreto Finishes and her fabulous Book Giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Fr√łken og Fru said...

love the colour, have to try :)

thanks for sharing :)

henriette

little t said...

I want to try that lipbalm!

Mal said...

Minted rose is my fave lipbalm! Love it

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Diana Mieczan said...

Mary Jo, I am so going to try it under my red lipstick as well. Thanks!

Diana Mieczan said...

You will love it, little t:) And it smells oh-so good!

vonnie said...

I want Magna's necklace!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.
Also visit my site :: grumpy cat

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk