Mind-blowing Manhattan Gem

Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Oh boy, when I spotted this NYC townhouse my jaw dropped! A wonderful family who recently bought this 1848 Gramercy Park flat wanted add a modern twist to this charming old building. They built an extra loft-like rooftop-floor, changed the arrangement to open plan and replaced all the windows with glass walls to bring tons of natural light. They also created a private garden and a romantic top-deck where you can spend evenings drinking wine, eating stinky cheese, listening to jazz and watching the night sky. Crikey, isn’t this flat dreamy? Darlings, would you like to live there? (I definitely would). xo

P.S: More NYC coolness including this hidden gem.
P.P.S: And those dreamy rooftop gardens!

(via Today you inspired me)

21 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Jaw dropping. Can't imagine the engineering (and expense) it took to change all that. That sofa is so cool looking, not sure how comfy it would be but I probably wouldn't care.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jeanette, that sofa is pretty cool, indeed. I love the retro vibe to it:)

Christianna said...

Wow, what cool ideas! I like the glass walls. The decor and what not isn't really my style, but I can appreciate all the creativity that goes into making a space into something so awesome!

HiLLjO said...

Is that the naked woman's apartment from Seinfeld? lol...

ElsaD said...

I'm green with envy :S LOVE the concept! xoxo

Melissa Blake said...

Gosh, that is soooo beautiful!!! I'd love to just sit there at night and look out over the twinkling city!

Natasha Fatah said...

Wow, how amazing would it be to call that your home? Why would ever leave?

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Dancing Branflake said...

I would live there and never leave. What a dream!

thingsIlove said...

What an amazing apartment!

oh,henry! said...

amazing! but i must admit - that couch thing looks a bit like a tiramisu from above, doesn't it? ;)

CHEVRON and GEOMETRICS said...

I saw that photo of the outside on Tumblr a few months back and couldn't believe my eyes...it's everything you could ever want.
Absolutely perfect. xxx

Vintage Market Place said...

omg this is like a property on millon dollar listing new york.
I can't even imagine the price tag!!
Amy

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO - giggle!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Irena, the sofa (for sure) has a unique vibe. Btw: Now I am craving tiramisu. yum! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Me neither, Amy. It has to be very pricey, indeed.

Tanvi said...

Oh WOW!

∞ © tanvii.com ∞

Ula said...

What a gorgeous place to live... oh to live in Manhattan!

Diana Mieczan said...

I agree, Ula...Manhattan is amazing!

Eliza Jane said...

Stunning! Although that couch doesn't look very comfy. I LOVE how the lights look like snow, though! xx

Eliza Jane said...

Stunning! Although that couch doesn't look very comfy. I LOVE how the lights look like snow, though! xx

Annie said...

I'm sooo in love.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk