Dinner Party: Herb Bouquets

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Last night Balazs and I had a lovely couple over for dinner. They moved into our building a few months ago and they seemed lovely after a few quick staircase chats we shared. Anyway, they arrived with a bouquet made of herbs! It was the sweetest dinner treat I have ever got. The husband explained that each time they passed our door they noticed that I grow herbs in planting pots so that's what inspired them. Isn't that sweet and super thoughtful? By this morning our whole flat smelled like sage flowers, mint, oregano, basil, geranium leaves, parsley and lavender. Bliss!

Loves, have you ever given a herb bouquet? Would you? What are your go-to-dinner-party gifts? (I recently swapped our usual bottle of wine with a jar of oven dried cherry tomatoes). xo

P.S: And here are a few takes on foodie wedding bouquets. Aren't they beautiful?
P.P.S: Tips and tricks to a perfect dinner party.

(Photos by /via A Well Traveled Woman, The Herb Companion, The Kitchn, Every Last Detail & 16 House)

17 comments:

Morgan said...

LOVE these!

Natasha Fatah said...

Lovely pictures!!

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

HiLLjO said...

I would be sitting next to a rosemary-scented centerpiece sniffing it gradually and then with increased speed and fury until my nose ran. And then I'd step back and marvel at how pretty it is as well!

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO:))

Ashley said...

i love that you had your neighbors over!! i am still curious about mine and hope to connect with them soon!

katie walker said...

thats so sweet! and such a good idea :)

Alexa said...

And I bet they smell so fresh and yummy too!

marissa at the boot said...

what a sweet idea! and practical too when you need to add a pinch of flavor to your next meal. :) herbs grow like crazy here and whenever we find ourselves in the country i always try to pick some to keep in cute jars in the kitchen. :) have a great day diana!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ashley, you totally should. It's really fun!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Alexa. They smell oh so good, even today:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Very true, Marissa. It's such a sweet and totally practical gift. Btw: Italy is amazing:)

Fleur De Moi said...

I wish I could smell all of these pictures.

Stephanie said...

What a cool idea!!! My go-to dinner party gift is usually a bottle of wine, but maybe I'll change it up. ;-)

Monique ODB said...

That is so thoughtful. What lovely people and what a super idea. Thanks so much for sharing it :)

M. said...

fantastic idea! they are all so beautiful!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh me too, Fleur De Moi:)

Lena P Cox said...

Thank you so much for blogging this, I can't wait to make me one and my friends....really appreciate

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk