When I grow up...

Monday, April 23, 2012
...I want to have Jane Birkin's sense of style, embody the undeniably tomboyish, yet super sassy 70's vibe and master the French-y fringe down to the T. Once I read that we all can wear a simple tee and jeans but only a few can really rock the look or even pull off carrying a wicker basket instead of a bag. J'adore! The best part: her style is so timeless and effortless, just looking at those photos makes me think that they could've been taken yesterday.

Loves, whose style do you adore? It can be someone famous or a friend, next door neighbour or even your mom. Do tell! xo

"My mother was right: When you've got nothing left, all you can do is get into silk underwear and start reading Proust." - Jane Birkin

P.S: Lizzie, put together the ultimate tomboyish Jane's look that I adore: the tee, the flare jeans and the legendary basket - swoon.
P.P.S: Also, another of Jane's outfits that I love.

(Quote and Photos via Tomboy Style, Fieldguided & Pinterest)

20 comments:

Kayla Boyle said...

If a woman out there doesn't want her sense to style she's a nut job. True nutter I say.

A Refreshed Take Off

jeanette from everton terrace said...

She did messy hair so well.
I want that little convertible roadster most of all though :)
I've always liked Diane Keaton's style, a little masculine mixed in.

Diana Mieczan said...

Also, here is something she said about her style: "I think it's really wearing exactly what you like and not really caring what other people think...It's just wearing things that are very comfortable, and I like things when they're particularly old. Like wearing tennis shoes and taking the laces out."

Diana Mieczan said...

Very true, Jeanette! Diane Keaton has a great style as well. I love when she wears bow-tie!

Marion said...

Loved the look with the shorts!
Leblogduchic

Dancing Branflake said...

Love her! She makes me not so guilty for always wearing my tee and jeans, although I know I don't rock them nearly as well as she.

Vintage Market Place said...

First, LOVE her.
Second how does someone who carried a wicker basket and dressed so down inspire a handbag that only the elite dressed woman can afford, Ironic???

I would carry a wicker basket any day to stand out in a crowd over the now infamous birkin.

Amy

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

You know, I am always keeping my eye out for the perfect basket! Always. My Aunt Grace made me a basket when I was little and I have been thinking about using that.. But I don't want it to get damaged.. However, your post may have inspired me!

Lo said...

yes, PLEASE. She makes me want to get bangs :)

Christianna said...

Oooo, I love her style! I tend to be a little more bright and funky, but I like this too!

Alexa said...

Oh my goodness...don't we all? Her and Jackie Kennedy are two of my favs.

mr. pineapple man said...

fabulous women!

Karena said...

Great images Diana!! Love the image with her carrying the basket. My style mentors are Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn!

I am featuring Designer and Paper Artist Anita Rivera from Castle Crown and Cottages on my site! She is amazing!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

bronwyn said...

I love Jane Birkin! Jane, Francoise Hardy and Brigite Bardot (in her more casual outfits) are my faves. I like black eyeliner and messy hair. And apparently French songstresses. :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, that is such a good point!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

How lucky that your aunt made you a basket, Lisa! You should totally wear it! I bet it's beautiful.

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Alexa and Karena, I adore Audrey Hepburn as well:)

Johanna said...

Such great photo inspiration...love her!

Tanvi said...

Her style is effortless. Hard to emulate but such an inspiration!

∞ © tanvii.com ∞

Marie said...

Sexy messy hair!:D


***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk