Silent World

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Palac de l'Opera, Paris, France.

Place de la Concorde, Paris, France.

Cour Carrée du Louvre, Paris, France.

Place Montparnasse, Paris, France.

Columbus Circle, NYC.

Time Square, NYC.

Madison Square, NYC.

Sixth Avenue, NYC.

Xizhimen Ring Road, Beijing, China.

Tiananmen Square, Beijing, China.

How incredibly eerie and thought-provoking are those photographs? With this project entitled 'Silent World', Lucie and Simon shot some of the world's busiest and most recognizable cities like New York, Paris or Beijing. The only difference is that they removed the whole civilization from each shot besides one or two people to create the illusion of a lonely and vacated world where the architecture plays the main focus. It's so bizarre to see Time Square or Place de la Concorde in Paris all empty and lonely. (This project totally reminds me of the Will Smith movie, I Am Legend, did you see it?). xo

P.S: More of the amazing NYC and the romantic Paris.
P.P.S: NYC - night & day.

(via Because I'm Addicted)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those photos blow my mind. I find them very beautiful yet eerie. Happy almost Easter. Love, Amy

Lady Grey said...

you're right, it's very eerie!

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing photos!
So odd to see Times Square empty!

xoxox,
CC

christin said...

I love that photo of Columbus Circle. I think they look so peaceful.

Sage Crown Parker said...

Amazing and lovely!!!! I'm not sure if I could ever be in a space like that and not wonder where the zombies are, heheee!!!!
thanks for sharing:)

Ana Degenaar said...

Oh my lovely! How do you find all these gems!? oxoxo

Jess said...

What a neat idea! I was wondering how the cleared the streets, but I guess Photoshop is your best friend when it comes to a project like this! It's still really cool though!!!

HiLLjO said...

How did they get mostly empty photos?! I can't imagine that many people come out at one time... maybe they do! Huh!

Lemanie said...

I love it!! It's very motivating for my zombie novel!! =P

Lemanie's Randomness Blog

Melissa Blake said...

OH wow! Those photos have such a magical quality to them..wish they would have photographed Chicago too!

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks,Amy. Happy almost Easter to you too:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, C? Totally odd, indeed!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, that is exactly what my Balazs said this morning, Sage:) How funny!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..glad you like them, Ana and Jess, I'm not too sure how they did it but I am going to find out and let you know:)

Christianna said...

Oh man, this totally makes you feel like your looking at a zombie movie, and yet it's so beautiful at the same time! I could seriously just look at these pictures for hours on end! Brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

so eerie! but i love them so much! and i was totally thinking of I AM LEGEND before you even mentioned it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Christianna, oh me too. I could just sit here and look at them for ever.

Annie said...

great shots! I'm so excited because I'm finally going to Paris in August :)

Diana Mieczan said...

How exciting, Annie! You'll have the best time:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk