My New Craze: Frozen Banana Bites

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Yup, I'm addicted to frozen banana bites. I've been experimenting with different chocolate coatings for a few weeks now and even if you're not a fan of bananas, those little treats will make your day so much more enjoyable (especially with a hot cup of coffee).

You simply dip pre-cut banana chunks in a melted chocolate-peanut butter mix, sprinkle them with coconut flakes or roll them in crushed nuts (my favourite) and pop them into the freezer for about 3 hours. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy, don't you think? (Here are two different takes on this scrumptious snack that you might fancy trying).

Darlings, what are you snacking on lately? Do tell! xo

P.S: What's for breakfast?

(Photos by Framed Cooks and (Never Home)maker via Valerie)

21 comments:

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

Must try these. Yummy - love anything with banana and chocolate.

Kristina said...

gosh, that looks so delicious! need to try this! mmmmh, yum!

tiny dancer said...

Oh me! Oh my! Have I died and gone to treat heaven?! (does that place exist - I sure hope so!).

Tasia

Cara said...

those look amaze!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Tasia! Treat heaven, indeed:) I love that.

Ana Degenaar said...

I adore that stuff! I could live on this forever.

Chapstick Fanatic said...

oh my goodness this looks delicious! i will remember this next time i need a quick and easy dessert for something. do you have to keep them frozen?

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

Dancing Branflake said...

That sounds amazing! Perfect summer party treat!!!!

Polly said...

wow those look so yummy! and you can kind of kid yourself that they're healthy seeing as there's fruit in the middle ;)
xx

HiLLjO said...

Oh my; I don't dislike bananas but I don't think I'd have as hard a time eating these as I do the plain ones!

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Ana! So good:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chapstick Fanatic, after the initial 3 hours in the freezer they keep really well in room temperature. You don't have to keep them frozen.

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany, great idea and Polly, totally - giggle:)

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO, they taste like creamy-vanilla-chocolate-ice-cream balls:) You can't really taste the banana itself.

Amber said...

considered your post bookmarked! I am so making these.

paola@love+cupcakes said...

oh yum! I fall in and out of love with bananas...I dunno what the deal is. Right now, we're buds so this inspiration is perfect! Can't wait to try!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Those look delicious!

Kim said...

Oh my gosh! These look absolutely delectable! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

I LOVE your comment, Paola:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Fantastic, Amber:))

Ashley said...

yummy i'm so into chocolate desserts lately!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk