How to: Front Braid Hairdo

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ever since Madewell's spring catalogue came out, I've been dying to try the front braid hairdo. Isn’t it sassy? So, you can imagine my excitement when Lisa (the actual stylist from the Parisian shoot) did a foxy little tutorial on it. Psst, she also let us in on a tiny little secret to messy braid perfection: always use a bit of hairspray beforehand to prevent your hair from being too slippery - interesting, isn't it? (Here is the step-by-step instruction if you fancy giving it a go). I can't wait...

Loves, would you try this look? Have you already? What are your favourite takes on braids? xo

P.S: Also, fishtail braids, braided bun and this snazzy tucked-in French braid!
P.P.S: All things Hair.

(Photos by/via That Kind of Woman, Anna Marie and Sarah)

16 comments:

Natasha Fatah said...

I watched a bunch of these tutorials, and I just can't seem to get it! :S

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~

Mimi said...

i absolutely adore this look! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Diana said...

So chic but so simple! I love the last one! I actual had my stepdaughter put braids in my hair for my anniversary dinner date with my hubby!! xoxo

I hope you had a wonderful anniversary too!

holtkamp said...

i would love to try these looks!

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Mimi:) It's such a great spring look, isn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Very true, Di! Aww your stepdaughter is so sweet and I bet that you looked totally snazzy! Btw: Happy anniversary to you and your hubby:)

LyddieGal said...

the french braid along the crown is so pretty!
Chic on the Cheap

Christianna said...

I'm gonna try this!

Polly Rowan said...

these are so pretty! I am rubbish at doing things with my hair but I guess I just need to practise. This hairstyle is so summery too, as it keeps your hair off your neck AND looks pretty! I think I'll give it a go this summer :) x

Diana Mieczan said...

Polly, I'm really bad at doing my hair as well but you are right, it's all about practice:)

TheChambrayCountess said...

I love braids in the summer and can't wait to try this tutorial out! I love Madewell, but I hate it because after I see their new collection I want everything!! ;)

HiLLjO said...

I'm trying this. My hair is SOoooosOOO long. I should do more with it.

HiLLjO said...

I'm trying this. My hair is SOoooosOOO long. I should do more with it.

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, TheChambrayCountess! Me too, I want the whole collection:) Isn't it awesome?

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, HiLLjO!!! You'll look totally adorable:)

Annie said...

I LOVE the 3rd one. I want to wear my hair that way for my friend's wedding in October!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk