Tomato Tart

Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Over the weekend I got a huge box of juicy tomatoes from our sweet older neighbour-lady and I really wanted to put them into good use. There is something about tomatoes that screams simplicity - in a very good way. So, when I spotted Sarah's take on a tomato tart I knew right there - it was true love :)

Just a simple sheet of puff pastry (due to my impatience, mine was store-bought but if you fancy making one yourself, Ramsey is your man), 2 huge tomatoes, bit of thyme, olive oil and finish it off with a dash of salt and pepper - Voilá, tart perfection! (And so simple).

Lovelies, doesn't it look delicious? xo

P.S: More tomato goodness.

(Photos by Sarah)

(Photos by

14 comments:

Felicity said...

Yumalicious!

I can almost smell the yummy from here!

Biggest hugs from over the seas,
xx F

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

I love tomatoes;-)

pixelhazard said...

This was for a long time my "oh everyone ate the other snacks I had prepared" fancy "this old thing?" back up food...if that makes any sense at all

| Bright Green Laces |

Jessica said...

This is a great way to use summer's abundance of tomatoes. Definitely bookmarking it for inspiration later!

Enter to win a pair of earrings from Wendy Mink Jewelry (valued at $123)!

Ana Degenaar said...

This looks like it could make me so happy! Happy day, friend! xoxoxoxox

jeanette from everton terrace said...

My girlfriend makes a mean tart like this, she adds basil and my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
I posted about a seriously weird tomato just yesterday :)

Cara said...

Yummy!

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

This looks delicious! I'm thinking I may add my own twist to it. How about using rosemary infused grapeseed oil? That sounds lovely! Thank you for the inspiration!

Diana Mieczan said...

Fashion, Art and other fancies, me too:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so going to check it out, Jeanette! And basil would be perfect for this. Yum!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh my goodness, Lisa, it sounds super scrumptious. Yes! I so need to get a bottle of the rosemary infused grapeseed oil this week. Thanks, sweetie. Great idea!

HiLLjO said...

OHHHHH YUM! I hope we get lots of tomatoes this year so I can make this many times!

Amber said...

yes please!

KristiMcMurry said...

Yum!!! I can't wait for my step dad to start getting tomatoes in. They are for sure my favorite summer food :) I usually eat a tomato sandwich every day. haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk