Pick Your Colour!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Crikey, for her latest project in Fricote magazine a French food designer, Emilie de Griottes created tiny tarts based on the well-known Pantone colour chips. Using a selection of swatches as an inspiration she developed a whole palette of tasty berry, lemon, tomato and even carrot tarts. The base of each is spread with white icing and marked with the Pantone colour representation (Pantone 1797 C became a tart with raspberries). Genius, don’t you think? I would totally eat up the banana one. How about you? Which flavour/colour do you fancy most? xo

P.S: Also, food flags and the perfect duo: art & food!
P.P.S: Food & fashion:)

(via Food52)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That girl is so creative and I would love to try the one with raspberries. I need to get that mag asap. Cheers, Grace

Sage Crown Parker said...

oh so cute!
it's funny cause the one i want to eat (raspberries) is not my favorite color (blue candy).....
happy monday!!!

FourJedis said...

I want to eat green, but decorate with blue.

Hogger and Co. said...

So beautiful and creative. I'd love to eat Pantone 1797 but it all looks very tasty.

Kristin H said...

WOW! What a bright idea!! Taste and Color!
Love it!

Karen said...

SUch an inspiring idea!! I would love to taste those pretty little tarts!

xox,
karen

www.rubytuesdayfashionanddesign.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

This is really clever. I would love to all these set up on a table together. Oh and I would want the raspberry one.

Diana Mieczan said...

Grace, I need to get that mag as well. I totally want to try this recipe.

Diana Mieczan said...

That is funny, Sage and blue candy is such a beautiful colour.

Diana Mieczan said...

I love that, FourJedis and Samantha, that is a great idea:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Also, here is the list of places where you can buy this mag: http://www.fricote.fr/?page_id=10

Melisande said...

i love this! this is so clever.

LyddieGal said...

what a cute and clever way of presenting the pantone color chips!
Chic on the Cheap

Christianna said...

This si beautiful and edible. Two of my favorite things!

Amber said...

I'm all about the pale pink one :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Christianna, I LOVE your comment.

Annie said...

so creative and fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk