Maia's Secret

Tuesday, March 27, 2012


If you fancy getting a bit inspired this morning, this video will totally do the trick. (It really did it for me). It’s an amazing short that captures the secrets of eternal youth of a 95 year old Russian ballerina, Maia Helles. Despite her elderly age, she remains independent, healthy and as fit as a forty year old. She thinks that her well-being has a lot to do with the benefits of her daily exercise routine, which she perfected, together with her mother, over 60 years ago, long before exercise classes were even invented.

Her secret to a long happy life: "simplicity, work and enjoyment". I love that and wish I would be half as fit when I'm her age. Such an inspiration, isn't she? xo

P.S: Yoga in Paris.

(My friend Maia from julia warr via Simple Lovely. Top photo via Rikshaw Design)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an inspiration. See, here is the thing, my mother in-law always told me that the key to true happiness is simplicity but I didn't believe her till just about now. I'm going to watch this video over and over again today. Thank you. Grace

FourJedis said...

Thank you for this post. The timing is perfect (I start yoga today). I hope I'm half has flexible as she is when I'm half her age. :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Grace, your mother in-law knows something for sure:) Btw: I am also going to watch that video a few more times today!

Diana Mieczan said...

Natalie, have fun on your yoga class today:)

Lemanie said...

Good for her! Wow!!! She's 95?? She is so motivating...I've been stretching in the morning too!! =) I love her lil home!!

Elisa said...

I"m going to watch it now!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

That was so lovely, just so.
Simplicity is indeed the key. I've been trying to head towards that for the past few years now. I think that and appreciation will bring the rest. Wait, no exercise for sure, that's so important.
Maia is wonderful.
Thanks for sharing.

mermaid gallery said...

What an inspiring, gentle woman! Her home is a refection of her words....her words a reflection of her life....I will carry this message with me all day...thank you!!!!!

Jes said...

definitely inspiring! if she can do it with such a great outlook.. perhaps i should stop making excuses for myself ;)
xx jes

www.twosmuppies.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Lemanie, isn't that amazing? She really doesn't look 95.

Diana Mieczan said...

mermaid gallery, how wonderful:)

Dancing Branflake said...

So beautiful! I wish to be that graceful, even when I'm 60!

Amber said...

wow. I wish I was half as fit as her now.

Patricia Villamil said...

What an inspiration this was. Thanks for sharing Diana! Maia is so graceful and beautiful, who wouldn't want to be like this in old age!

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Patricia:)

laurenjeanallece said...

My gosh, I saw this a couple days ago and was FLOORED.

So incredible!

Annie said...

I ADORE this. I can't wait to show my mom - she will love it too! Thank you for the inspiration, Diana!! You ALWAYS find the best stuff :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Glad you like it, Annie:) You are so sweet! xo

Pamela Bates said...

fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk