The Food Diary of a Brocavore

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The super talented Jamie Beck collaborated on a scrumptious project with (as she calls him) a modern day renaissance man, brocavore – Mike. His love for food developed organically through time and the series follows his culinary journey and life in NYC. Their goal was to inspire others to walk to their local framer’s market, make food at home from organic, fresh products and enjoy the simple beauty of cooking. They certainly have done that for me – I’m inspired, indeed!

What I love the most about Mike’s recipes is that they are made with simple, few ingredients, but tons of passion, like the one above: Poached egg on a buttered toast with fresh herbs. Crikey, I’m dying to give this gem a go over the weekend and enjoy it over a chat and a glass of wine on my balcony. Cheers!

Loves, do you enjoy cooking? Is it more of a chore or a pleasure for you? What's your favourite meal to cook? Does it depend on the season? (It does for me). xo

P.S: The awesome poached egg trick.
P.P.S: Fine dining on the subway and where they create - both NYC style!

(Photos by Jamie Beck)

15 comments:

FourJedis said...

That looks delish! I love cooking... absolutely love it. We like to try at least one or two new dishes a week. With the spring coming around, we are really being inventive on the grill.

jeanette from everton terrace said...

It has always been an adventurous pleasure for me, until recently. The busier my shops get, the more it starts to feel like a chore, hmmm.
I had this almost exact breakfast today - save the herbs. I have some fresh chives, why didn't I see this post first dadgummit? Maybe tomorrow.

*jean* said...

i love cooking but sometimes it is a chore...luckily, my family is not full of picky eaters and will try anything (i've raised them that way!) and we adore poached eggs and buttery toast...comfort food at it's best!! i like to add an egg to open faced sandwiches filled with arugula, bacon and greens also top leftover roasted veg with poached for breakfast!! yum!!!

Dancing Branflake said...

This looks exactly how I imagined cooking should be like. Fresh, simple, and healthy. I wish I cooked more like this. Sigh... one day!

Lemanie said...

Ooo Yummy!!! I have never made a poached egg...now I must try! This breakfast looks so good!! =)

Lemanie's Randomness Blog

Jes said...

that looks delicious!
i love to cook but my boyfriend likes to cook even more so i don't get to get in the kitchen as much as id like!
xx jes

www.twosmuppies.com

Diana Mieczan said...

FourJedis, that sounds great and outdoor grilling is always fun!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jeanette, I know the feeling. Sometimes I am so busy that I simply don't have the time to enjoy cooking. You should totally try it tomorrow with fresh chives:)

Alexa said...

Yum, oh goodness those eggs look beyond delish!

Anonymous said...

so, its working now, huh?

Diana Mieczan said...

Yup, A! Thanks:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jean, I so agree - comfort food is truly the best and I am so trying your idea too. Sounds super delicious:)

amy b.s. said...

that might be one of my most favorite things to eat ever.

Annie said...

Yum yum yum! I want this poached egg and toast immediately! I'm sad to admit that cooking has become more of a chore in recent years, but I really want to start making it more of a pleasure again! Your culinary posts always help in the inspiration department :) XO

Diana Mieczan said...

I'm so glad about that, Annie:) xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk