Avocado Snack

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Yesterday, a few of our friends came over for a Seinfeld night and I made a whole plate of Jackie's avocado fingers. Originally I was planning to bake a banana bread but I run out of time and I'm so glad that I did. They came out super light and delicious yet incredibly satisfying (must be the cheese).

The awesome part is that they are easy to make: just slice up a few avocados, sprinkle a bit of lemon juice on top, add a serving of goat cheese to each, finish off with a pinch of salt, pepper and chili powder and wrap the whole thing around with a slice of prosciutto. Yum! (Here is the full recipe if you fancy trying it).

Darlings, doesn't that sound delicious? Would you give it a go? Do you like avocados?

P.S: Yum - the avocado booster!
P.P.S: Baked avocado fries.

(Thanks, Monica. Top photos by Jackie and last image layout by exPress-o)

20 comments:

marissa at the boot said...

i love avocados! oh my gosh and the recipe sounds divine! i think i haven't had an avocado in 7 months, because here we don't get them. :( this summer when i go home i will indulge and make this for sure!

Diana Mieczan said...

I wish I could send you a few. We have tons of them here:)

Nicole Marie said...

i'm going to buy avocados right now!!

Tapinhas said...

that's why i love this blog.
you really inspire me to get my "food photography" better and better.

Thank you so much.
Kepp up with the great blogging.

Lady Grey said...

Oh wow that looks soooooooo good! And so easy to make too ; )
Love the photos!

FourJedis said...

That looks delish! I need to bookmark this and make it next dinner party!

Stephanie said...

Ooh, that sounds amazing!!! I love avocadoes, I think my favorite thing to do is to substitute them for mayonnaise on a BLT!

Cara said...

*bookmarking!*

Marion said...

I like it!
Leblogduchic

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Weirdly I do a similar thing, I went through a phase of eat avacado, motzerella, parma ham, rocket and a drizzle of olive oil on toasted french loaf slices! Yum!!
Daisy Dayz

Ana Degenaar said...

Holy scraps! I am so in for this.

HiLLjO said...

SO jealous!!! When we meet someday (AND WE WILL!!!!) Pwease make these and watch Seinfeld with us?

LOVE! lol!

Diana Mieczan said...

That is awesome, Nicole and Tapinhas, you are such a sweetheart! Thank you for that comment. xo

Diana Mieczan said...

Stephanie, that is a great idea:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chantele, yum! That combination sounds so good and HiLLjO, DEAL!!! I'd love that:) (You are such a sweetheart. xo)

Tish said...

I sent that bad boy to Fit Bottomed Girl Jenn. That is right up our alley! Yum indeed!

TheChambrayCountess said...

That sounds so tasty! I can't wait to try this recipe!!

Eliza Jane said...

Oh wow, this looks *amazing*. I am SO going to try this. Thanks for sharing! xx

Diana Mieczan said...

Fantastic, Tish:)

Inés said...

The title alone had me just about ready to lick the screen. beautiful recipe, so easily done!
I´m an avocado depredator!Yum.

Thank you for leaving a comment.
Big hugs!
Inés

SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk