Days With My Father

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A few days ago I spotted this incredibly honest and heartfelt project by Phillip Toledano and I simply had to share. After his mother's passing, Phillip decided to create a very intimate photographic journal documenting the relationship with his aging father over a span of three years. The amazing thing is that he doesn't only share emotional photos of that period but also in a beautiful way he manages to create an overall image of his father’s personality including his sense of humour, his struggle with memory loss and above all his unfailing spirit. I shed a tear or two over it. What a beautiful memory to have close to your heart, don’t you think? xo

P.S: The whole journal was published into a book.
P.P.S: Love ever after.

(via Hello Bauldoff)

18 comments:

Eliza Jane said...

This is the most beautiful, touching thing. Thank you for sharing.

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Eliza:)

Lady Grey said...

this is so beautiful. We just don't get enough exposure to the elderly in our culture... everything is always about youth, and newness. It's unbalanced. This is refreshing.
xo

sage Island said...

Really lovely!
Have you seen Larry ySultan's pictures form home? You might also like them.
thanks for sharing!

pixelhazard said...

awwwww! I love this.

Bright Green Laces

Alexa said...

Oh my goodness, I'm on the verge of tears after just reading what you wrote. What a heartfelt project!

Ana Degenaar said...

I can't stop crying. Don't do this to me lady. Ok... Do it. I loved this, my dad's birthday was yesterday. So grateful for him.

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanessa, I totally agree. I LOVE your comment.

Diana Mieczan said...

I haven't, Sage. I'm going to check it out right now:) Thanks! And Ana, aww...happy birthday to your dad!!!

HiLLjO said...

The beauty of the everyday turns into something spectacular upon retrospection. Especially after loss. These photos are great!

Elizabeth Benfield said...

thanks a lot (i saw that sarcastically and sincerely)!!! i just snotted my way thru lunch but i cant imagine never hearing this story. its so beautiful and such a great story of love. and i just LOVE love!!!

thank you for sharing <3

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Elizabeth:)

Amber said...

such a heartwarming set of photos.

Stop by & enter my Vedette giveaway!

Anonymous said...

This made my all teary, Diana. What a beautiful memory to keep forever. Love, Amy

dotblogg said...

it just..you know..unblocked me..I needed it right now, after this evening, just before going to sleep..thank you Diana, thank you Phillip, thank you Mrs and Mr Toledano..
hugs
J

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..J. You are such a sweetheart. Muah

Inés said...

So sweet, he is so handsome...
Oh...I miss my dad!!!

Jasonqzdi said...

This is the most beautiful, touching thing. Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk