Breakfast for Dinner - Bagel Style

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Do you ever eat breakfast for dinner? Sometimes after a long day, we are too lazy to cook a full meal or too cold to go out, so we make poached eggs or spinach-feta omelette instead. Tonight after Balazs is finished in the studio we are making those grilled bagels with cream cheese and baby heirloom tomatoes. I'm so excited that I'm past caring that I didn't have a single cup of coffee since the morning. (I'm trying to cut down).

Oh there is more, fancy a cool tip on how to keep all your delicious stuff in the sandwich instead of the plate or falling all over your clothes? Mackenzie says that with a use of serrated grapefruit spoon you can easily scoop up the top and button of the bagel which leaves you with more space for the other ingredients. Makes sense, doesn’t it? My darlings, doesn’t this bagel look super scrumptious? Yum!

P.S: Here is the full recipe.
P.P.S: How to make a better grilled cheese sandwich!

(via Grilled Cheese Social. Photos by Mackenzie Smith)

22 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i love breakfast for dinner - and i love bagels. these are mouth watering!

KristiMcMurry said...

Breakfast for dinner is so much fun sometimes! I'm actually making pancakes tonight...cause you know, National Pancake Day and all. I'm pretty stoked.

kait said...

Ohhh scooped out bagels are the greatest. Then the extra bread doesn't get in the way of the flavor of what is inside!

Nicole Marie said...

i would eat bagels from breakfast lunch and dinner everyday

HiLLjO said...

I eat a bagel (EVERYTHNG BAGEEEELLLL!!!) every other day! I buy them and take them straight to work. I ALWAYS feel like eating one!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yum, pancakes! Happy Pancake Day to you too, Kristi!! I'm going to make some on Thursday night:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Kait!!!

tiny dancer said...

Yummers! These pics are great, I'm definitely "inspired" to eat breakfast right now :) and spoil my supper ;)

Tasia

Monica | Hola!design said...

Ha! I love breakfast for dinner! I'm craving some pancakes right now!

The bagel looks delicious, I haven't had a bagel in ages, though.

XOXO

Jessica Roy said...

That looks incredible! Cannot wait to try it :)

pixelhazard said...

I have breakfast for dinner all the time but mine is more a sign of laziness with dinner being toast or cereal

Bright Green Laces

Ann On and On... said...

Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorite occasions. It started when I was young...with my dad coming home from work and making pancakes. I still request that when I go home. What a wonderful thought for tonight..thanks.

Jess said...

YES! I'm a very big breakfast for dinner person.. and I love bagel sandwiches! Sometimes we are creative enough to make homemade ones and other times we head to Einstein's Bagels!

Christianna said...

I love breakfast for dinner. Though around here that normally means waffles with ice cream. But these look so yummy! Have you ever had a bagel with olive cream cheese? Amazing!

Ms. Chapatti said...

I love breakfast for dinner, but we usually just make some indulgent scrambled eggs, tomatoes and toast, but I think ill try bagels next time :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yum! Waffles with ice cream sound so delicious, Christianna and I'm totally trying bagels with olive cream cheese after your comment:) Can't wait!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ahh, Ann that is such a sweet story:) Pancakes made by dad are always the best!

MrJeffery said...

yowza. looks delish!

Anonymous said...

Diana, this looks so good. I have everything at home to make them so this will be surely our supper tonight. Thanks, love, Amy

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

grilled bagel...genius!

little t said...

This is what I'm having for my dinner tonight. Usually, for me, breakfast for dinner means an Irish breakfast (sausages, rashers, egg, etc...)

Diana Mieczan said...

Fantastic, Amy! And little t, I love Irish breakfast. Yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk