Bird's Eye View Of NYC

Monday, February 6, 2012

Oh boy, just looking at those awesome photos makes me a bit queasy but as wussy as I am about heights, I'm totally blown away by Navid Baraty's bravery. The Brooklyn based photographer climbed those amazing NYC buildings and by leaning over the edge he gave us a genius glimpse into the true character of the Big Apple. He said "watching a city from above can reveal so much about its character" - spot on! I simply adore this place, don't you? Lovelies, when was the last time you visited the city? Are you planning to take a trip this spring? xo

P.S: Navid's work totally reminds me of this rooftopping project, and have you seen New York, I Love You already? (Awesome).
P.P.S: Also, twinkling New York City and Big Apple after dark.

(Thanks, Rebecca)

17 comments:

Ethaney said...

wow, these are incredible!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Yep - makes me queasy as well. I love different perspectives though. I haven't been in two years. It's so far from Arizona but I'd love to visit in the spring (or summer or winter or fall!).

Sara Szatmary said...

woah, I'm not afraid of heights but these photos definitely make my head spin. I guess that's a credit to the photographer!

Dancing Branflake said...

I haven't been in a few years. Looks like it's time to go back!

HiLLjO said...

Woah! I can't believe how he took these! Scary!

HiLLjO said...

Woah! I can't believe how he took these! Scary!

Hogger and Co. said...

I'm heading to NYC in a few weeks and SOOOO excited - these just put me that much more over the scale!

Lady Grey said...

I love all the little yellow taxis!

Diana Mieczan said...

jeanette, I love spring in the city. It's so beautiful:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Sara and Smita, how awesome. You are such a lucky girl:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..me too, Vanessa:)

Christianna said...

This is soooo cool! The dude has guts for leaning over the edges of really tall buildings.

Natasha Fatah said...

I live in Toronto, but was just in New York City in January, and it is such a magical city! Everything people say about it is true, especially that pulsing energy everywhere you go! I would LOVE to live there!

xoxo
www.natashafatah.blogspot.com

Monica | Hola!design said...

these give me vertigo! I go to the city almost every week! I live in NJ so it's only a train ride away! there's always something fun to do and see.

happy monday xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Natasha, the pulsing energy is incredible, indeed:)

Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox said...

whoa! I'm not usually afraid of heights, but those make me a little queasy! haha

Rachel Elizabeth said...

I love these. I just got back from New York a few weeks ago and am honestly so in love with it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk