Aurora Borealis

Wednesday, February 1, 2012



Crikey, just a few days ago on January 24th some extremely lucky people around the globe had a chance to watch the incredibly spectacular solar flare storm. Did you manage to spot it from where you are? I read that this phenomenon doesn't happen often and the last aurora show of this scale was six years ago. Oh boy, looks like nature wanted to treat us to a proper fireworks show, doesn't it? I don’t know about you but I’m gobsmacked by it all. Magical. xo

P.S: Solar storm captured in the Great North last year.
P.P.S: Planets through a tiny water drop.

(Photos by Bjørn Jørgensen, Mattias Forsberg, Stephan Hoglund, Lars Tiede, K*M*J & Janne via Oriental via Wired)

16 comments:

Amy R. said...

Wow! These images are really cool!

xo
Amy R.

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I can't imagine seeing it in person. You know I save so many of your posts to show my husband when he gets home from work - you find the most interesting things :)

HiLLjO said...

I've only seen it once or twice in Michigan when I lived there. Nebraska is a bit too far to see now! Lovely pics!

Diana Mieczan said...

You are SO sweet,Jeanette. This totally made my day:)Thanks!

Marissa said...

Seeing an aurora is high on my bucket list. These photos are just magical!

Tish said...

oooooo pretty

Sara Szatmary said...

It looks straight from a sci-fi movie, eh?

Bella @Bellgetsreal said...

Wow that first image is a doozy! I wish I saw them for myself but this is just gorgeous.

Amber said...

Oh gosh I hope I can see this phenomenon in real life one day.

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Sara. Spot on!

Diana Mieczan said...

Bella, it would be so cool to see this in person. Maybe one day, right?

Kristina said...

so breathtaking and amazing! I hope to see this once in my life, it is just unbelievable how beautiful nature is!!

Lady Grey said...

Pretty amazing stuff! We saw part of it up here, but it wasn't as strong as it was in Norway unfortunately. But it was still incredible!
xo

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, Kristina

Aino said...

One thing why i'm happy to be living in Finland! Love your blog, i always get so inspired.. :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thank you, Aino:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk