5 Steps To Purple Perfection

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I am utterly hopeless when it comes to applying eyeshadow. The result is more often mortifying than not and instead of looking snazzy, I mostly end up looking like a mess.

So imagine my excitement when Annamarie did a five step tutorial on this awesome purple eye shadow look that has been everywhere lately. I adore the mix of sweet soft pink lips and cheeks with the beautifully defined lavender-purple eyes. Great combination from day to night, don’t you think? She also says that it’s super easy to play around with the intensity of the colour. You can either punch up or tone down the shades depending on your mood and your liking. (Bonus tip: when using purple tones don't forget to use mascara to brighten and define the eyes).

Loves, would you try this look? Do you use eyeshadow daily? What’s your favourite colour? xo

P.S: Annamarie recommends this eye shadow, this cheek colour, this lipstick in dolce vita and this mascara for this snazzy finish:)
P.P.S: Three ways to va va voom!

(Photos via Glamour)

20 comments:

Monica | Hola!design said...

I never wear eye shadow because I don't know how to apply it! thanks for sharing the tutorial! I love purple, too.

xoxo

Ann On and On... said...

I think eye shadow done right is like the frosting on the cake. I wear it often.... I look forward to watching the tutorial.

Ana Degenaar said...

Seriously perfect.

amy b.s. said...

awesome! i am too am eyeshadow impaired!

Zondra Art said...

Beautiful look!

Greetings:)

Karena said...

I have the same issues stated, with shadow not looking natural and creasing. Will watch the tutorial, love lavender shadow.

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Julie Khuu said...

Incredible inspiration! Love the splash of color against clean, pale skin! Perfect for spring days, no fuss, no muss! You look perfect in this shade!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com

Dancing Branflake said...

I've been trying to wear eye shadow more often, and when I do it's a shade of purple. With my skin tone, it has to be very dark with a hint of brown. Otherwise, raccoon city!

HiLLjO said...

Purple eyeshadow is my favorite but I'm not very good at doing makeup anymore. I haven't worn much for almost 5 years now and I'm soooo out of practice.
I might try this tutorial!

AaReAn said...

gorgeous...I LOVE purple...come check out my Color Issue blog...I think youd really enjoy it!
colorissue.blogspot.com

xoxo
Aarean

Vintage Market Place said...

Its beautiful its just not for me. Purple would make me look like death walking. Combine purple with my dark under eyes and eeekkkk. Fright show lol
Amy

Diana Mieczan said...

Ann, I LOVE this - "I think eye shadow done right is like the frosting on the cake."

Ry said...

I only just started wearing makeup on the regular, but I don't think I'll EVER get used to eyeshadow. I'm always touching my eyes and then running to make sure I didn't smudge anything.

Other than that, I LVOE this look. Fantastic!

pixelhazard said...

On my skin this colour would look far from subtle

Bright Green Laces

Diana Mieczan said...

I'm totally the same, Ry! Somehow when I know that I wear eyeshadow, I always start touching my eyes...hahah

Jess said...

Oh wow, I can't really see myself wearing purple eye shadow but I love your friends tutorial! It actually looks do-able!

Sini said...

This looks really pretty! Not sure if purple goes well with blue eyes, but need to try :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jess, I tried it last night and it's totally do-able.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jess, I tried it last night and it's totally do-able.

Anonymous said...

Purple is my favourite colour. I need to try this tutorial. Cheers, Grace.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk