Travel Fantasy: French Mountain Top

Thursday, January 5, 2012



Speaking of beautiful places, how about a trip to the top of Aiguille du Midi, Chamonix all the way in the French Alps? I read that if you are on the platform (which is the highest point in Europe) during a clear, sunny day you can feast your eyes on the most incredible and totally breathtaking view. Guess what, the 20 minute cable-car ride to the top doesn't fall short from perfection as well. Balazs was there a few yeas ago with friends during a snowboarding trip and he said that the view from the top is so beautiful that it even gives a hint of intimidation due to the size of the Mont Blanc massif. Incredible, don't you think? Have you even been there? Would you go? Do you ski? xo

P.S: Wouldn't this place make a special marriage proposal spot?
P.P.S: One of the happiest countries in the world:)

(Photos via Donna, News)

14 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

Omg my hands are sweating just looking at the pics. I am scared od heights. But it is beautiful
Amy

Michelle's Style File said...

WOW! How stunning.

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Jen Daiker said...

Terrifying and exhilirating!

Nikki said...

You know what...I've been there. I rarely say that!

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, I am terrified of heights as well but this view just makes me swoon:)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is awesome, Nikki:)

Melissa Blake said...

That looks AMAZING!!!! :)

Claire Kiefer said...

I'm scared of heights too, but I think being here would make me adopt some sort of heroic bravery. It's so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

We ski in Austria each winter but after seeing those photos I want to go to French Alps this Feb. Grace xo

Diana Mieczan said...

I totally agree, Claire:)

Josie said...

I have been there! Totally amazing experience! We got there from Courmayeur, Italy.

Stapletonziln said...

We ski in Austria each winter but after seeing those photos I want to go to French Alps this Feb. Grace xo

Anonymous said...

tiffany outlet online rsovjl zlkcta tiffany and co outlet eodlhv qcfkib tiffany outlet gwodgv http://www.thomassabojewelry2013.co.uk
michael kors outlet ckaqck onvsmy michael kors outlet famhev cyplph michael kors outlet online bhngob http://www.isabelmarantoutlet2013.com

Anonymous said...

I don't ski but I'd love to be here even just for the spectacular views

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk