Snazzy Collars: Thumbs up or down?

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Do you like wearing pretty collars? To be honest I never really thought about the shape, size or even the colour of collars while buying shirts till Elise posted about them a few months ago. (Well maybe besides the ultra prim and loveable Peter Pan ones). Since that day, every time I browse through magazines or look at girls on the street I can't help sneaking a peek. Even though there are so many different styles nowadays, they all simply seem ultra feminine and ladylike to me. Here are a few of my favourite collar shapes and collar tips.

Lovelies, do you wear collars? Which ones do you love best? Do you wear collar tips? Would you? xo

P.S: If you fancy making your own, here are four awesome DIY collar ideas for you to check out.

(Photos via Carrie, wit + delight, The Glitter Guide, Pennyweight & The Startorialist)

20 comments:

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

I've seen this post a few times on other blogs. I say yes to the snazzy collars;-)

Anonymous said...

Peter Pan collars are my fave too but I'm temped to try out those collar tips now. They look beautiful,D. Have a great day. Grace xo

C... said...

I love pretty collard but not poofy sleeves.

Diana Mieczan said...

Grace, me too. I really want to try some of those snazzy collar tips with my shirts.

Diana Mieczan said...

C, I totally agree about the poofy sleeves.

Cara said...

UP!

Jess said...

I say... it depends! The one collar with the heart chain on it is cracking me up! But Alexa Chung pulls them off so well....

Karena said...

I love to see them on others. I have gotten where I am layering camis, tees, sweaters, Comfort is my mantra.

So then when I dress up that is not my look!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

HiLLjO said...

This is cute but not for me! I like the peter pan collar on my sunflower sweater jacket but I'd never add a collar to my shirt. I'd feel too awkward!

little t said...

I love the first one- Eva always gets it right.

Mary Jo at TrustYourStyle said...

I wasn't paying much attention to the trend until I saw these amazing ones at Prada on Sunday and now I keep thinking about it!

xo Mary Jo

Christianna said...

I LOVE this trend. I just have to be careful, because sometimes it makes me look 12...

Vintage Market Place said...

I feel collars look amazing on petite women but I am too tall and love more of a button down shirt collar, I feel am playing dollies when I try collars like this.
I have to say I'll take the Hermes bag in the first pic over the collar, :)
Amy

katie said...

sometimes its cute, but this trend is defiantly not for me! i don't think that the collar trend will be around for long...

Diana Mieczan said...

Jess, doesn't she? I totally adore her style:)

Diana Mieczan said...

little t, totally and Mary Jo, I so have to check them out now.

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Amy!

va said...

thumbs up !

Amber said...

a great collar can really make an outfit. thumbs up.

Roselie said...

I LOVE the 4th and 8th ones.They are so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk