Fictional Places For Real

Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Ever wondered how splendid would it be to visit one of those famous fictional places from your favourite movie or book? Wonder no more! The other day I stumbled upon this incredibly cool guide of magical spots you can visit in real life.

The photo above is of the Ashdown Forest, in Sussex, England or should I say Winnie the Pooh's Hundred Acre Wood? What's more, they even offer "Pooh walks", if you fancy a wonder about in the loveable bear's foot-steps…oh, bother :)

Although the Hobbiton set from the Lord Of The Rings is long gone, it has been rebuilt for the movie The Hobbit. Good news for all you LOTR fans: this awesome forty-four hobbit hole complex in Matamata, New Zealand will be open for visitors this year.
I know that some of my readers love Doctor Who and if you fancy a bit of fun, you should visit Cardiff in Britain. There is also a four hour tour available to all those familiar locations, including where the rift cracked open, Amy Pond’s village, and Rose Tyler’s workplace.
The Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland was the setting for Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code. I read that the whole space is very mysterious and the walls are covered with strange carvings. Spooky!

I totally need to embark on a Pooh walk sometime soon! How about you? Do tell, what's your all-time favourite fictional place from a book, fairytale, movie or even a telly series that you're dying to see in person? xo

(via sho & tell)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diana you just made my week, a winnie walk? Yes, please. I'm such a fan of that cute bear "of very little brain" rememebr that line?
Love, Amy

Jen Daiker said...

LOVE THIS. This made my day! Oh the wondorous places of the world... how sweet are you to give us a little magic this Wednesday morning!

Karena said...

Diana I am enchanted by the Winnie Walk in Ashdown Forest!How fun!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

dlugadrogadodomu said...

Pemberly!

Cara said...

how cute is this!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle - I SO remember that line, Amy:) So happy that you like the post!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Jen, that is fantastic! Thanks for being so sweet.

Diana Mieczan said...

Karena, me too. There is something so magical about the Hundred Acre Wood, isn't there?

Alleen said...

Just what I needed on this cold, gray day! Thank you and Happy New Year! xo

Karoleen L said...

What a beautiful blog you have! =)

Ana Degenaar said...

I adore this post. It fills my daily dose of curiosity! Yay!

Hogger and Co. said...

Really! That's amazing. I'd do a POOH walk, too haha :)
Any location from any Enid Blyton book would make my day.

HiLLjO said...

OMG I cracked up at the TARDIS like booth. Great stuff!
Shawn wants to make an Eart home complex like that one day. We'll invite you and Balazs to live there and watch Seinfeld in the central common area with us ;o)

Diana Mieczan said...

Alleen, Happy New Year to you too, my dear and have a super cozy day:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Karoleen!

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO, that sounds like an AWESOME plan:) LOVE! :)

HiLLjO said...

LOL
EARTH home. Eart... wow.

Christianna said...

This is brilliant! I just booked marked this page so I can look into some of these places on my summer adventures through Europe!

Amber said...

Sign me up for the Pooh walk!

Eliza Jane said...

I've been to the chapel in Scotland! It was an 18 minute bus ride away from where I used to live. It's incredibly tiny, and indeed very magical and mysterious! x

Diana Mieczan said...

That is brilliant, Christianna and Amber, deal:)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is amazing, Eliza:) LOVE.

Roselie said...

I would love to see the Harry Potter castle and the Lord of the Rings set of the elves' forest. Actually I 'd love to visit any set from the Lord of the rings.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk